Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dashboard out today (Nov. 1st)

• 01-11-2010 4:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

The new Kinect Dashboard will be released later today! Excited to see what you guys think of it, I actually prefer the current NXE version. The new Marketplace is a bit awkward!

You'll find your sources on Kotaku, Joystiq etc.

An official Xbox email was sent out :)

EDIT: Also, lolz if they still have that dreadful Wii-esque animation when you first go to Avatar Editor and have to update everything :D You'll know it when you see it.... cat on a skateboard...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Healium wrote: »
    EDIT: Also, lolz if they still have that dreadful Wii-esque animation when you first go to Avatar Editor and have to update everything :D You'll know it when you see it.... cat on a skateboard...

The music too lol

One major annoyance and i got it on the nxe dash too was with my friends list, where only a name would show up and not their avatar, it would load eventually though.

Also annoyed they didn't add more options to filter notifications, as in you can only turn them all off not separately for friends and achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just d/l this update there. The sounds cud get annoying. Im not seeing sky player on the dashboard anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It has got a lot more simplistic, remember the kinect is very much being pushed for families ( there is a new xbox live family subscription package) so the dash has got a redesign to cater to all ages and experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

To be honest I think its horrible, its way too boxy looking. Is there anyway to revert back to the original theme?

Also as greenman09 said I can't see the sky player anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

No. You can apply themes, but the general layout is the way it is.
    I think it's much better, really like it.

You should just have to re-download the Sky Player App, like you did originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Or if you are having trouble finding it:
    * Go to Settings -> Memory, choose your Hard Drive.
    * Find the Sky Player section under Games and delete it.
    * Bring up the Guide and Choose Settings -> Account Management.
    * Find Sky Player in your Download History and re-download it.
    * When the download complete prompt appears, bring up the Guide and choose Play Now.
    * Make sure everything works - you will need to put your Sky Player details in again.
    * Quit Sky Player and the tile will be back under Video Marketplace as it should be! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yay I get to talk to people again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Or if you are having trouble finding it:
    * Go to Settings -> Memory, choose your Hard Drive.
    * Find the Sky Player section under Games and delete it.
    * Bring up the Guide and Choose Settings -> Account Management.
    * Find Sky Player in your Download History and re-download it.
    * When the download complete prompt appears, bring up the Guide and choose Play Now.
    * Make sure everything works - you will need to put your Sky Player details in again.
    * Quit Sky Player and the tile will be back under Video Marketplace as it should be! :)

hate the update looks far too white in my xbox and too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I quite like it. It feels alot more intuitave.
    Its a bit bright though.
    Nice aswell that it tells you the size of game patches now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

is the new family account (4 gamertags for 99) not available in Ireland? Any word if it ever will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I wish they hadn't moved Quick Launch. It was handy for launching Arcade games and recent downloads. Not exactly quick now.

tested the audio code with nmooseinnam and big difference in the sound.. also i like the new dashboard now i have given it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Any ideas if the rumours about being able to change your country were true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I read somewhere that it's more "evolution than revolution" and I'd agree with this. I prefer the look of it. It will take time for me to get used to it but all in all it's a nice update in my opinion. What I don't like it the annoying sounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

miralize wrote: »
    Yay I get to talk to people again...
    Oh I didn't know you had it, too! We could've tested out party chat :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

how long does the update take? taking a while for me, hasnt moved up a bar at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Has anyone found a semi-fix for freezing updates? Like getting to 50% & freezing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just downloading it now, mine stopped on 50% for about 5 minutes then it just continued albeit very slowly

Fibre optic 30mg broadband = 2mins 34 seconds to download full update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Show off :p

• Advertisement

Show off :p

More of a comparision take away the fibre optic but still have 30mg it would take roughly 6-7 mins.

People can estimate their time from there. :P

^.^ gotta love TheShovlainator to point out the unobvious,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I downloaded mine in less within the space of time (3min 12sec in length) I was watching a video on YouTube. I'm only using 8mb DSL. I think your fibre optic should be doing better :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its ok. No real difference, its just sexed up a little. Sky Player is different though. Hopefully facebook changes how you can see notifications and private messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I've 50meg fibre, currently being pushed up to 200meg for testing by the ISP, so I'll post my time up later to sicken you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep, mines been stuck on 60% for a good while now. Probably been about 30 min on 15 MB connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

xbox live must be down. i cant download the update at all. Taking forever to get on to xbox.com on the laptop too.

EDIT: Nevermind all up and running again. Download took about a minute. Xbox.com running too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dont like the beep sounds, thats about it really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Don't like it. My theme doesn't work and all my friends are gone from my friends list!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

hobochris wrote: »
    I've 50meg fibre, currently being pushed up to 200meg for testing by the ISP, so I'll post my time up later to sicken you :P

Download part took about 20 seconds.

update total about 2 minutes.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    Don't like it. My theme doesn't work and all my friends are gone from my friends list!!! :mad:

LOL!! Contact microsoft asap.

Advertisement