Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dashboard out today (Nov. 1st)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I really like it. Also, snoopy flying ace and risk factions on deal of the week, buy em people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

So far after 10 mins, 3 slow downs and 1 complete lockup, not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't really fault the update, much more polished and user-friendly than NXE. Would be nice if they didn't focus so much on US-exclusive features though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Loving the new sky player. Almost HD and way more features :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭gnolan

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Loving the new sky player. Almost HD and way more features :D

Its all well and good for people with a good internet connection, but for those of us who don't the "Auto" quality thing really can make it look **** from time to time. Any way to change the quality do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Fibre optic 30mg broadband = 2mins 34 seconds to download full update.

I'm going to start counting how many times you've mentioned that you have 30mg fibre optic broadband in various threads and then beat you with a ****ty stick the equivalent amount of times* :D

*I'm not remotely jealous, how could you think such a thing!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Fibre optic 30mg broadband = 2mins 34 seconds to download full update.

is it true Ftth

because i have 15mb fttc (thats the way upc do it)

and did you know that if you trace everyone internet connection eventually you will find fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Have they included anything useful like a YouTube portal?

Nope? Didn't think so..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kinda hate it. Wish I could zoom out of the panels a bit, feels like my face is right up to the telly or when someone screws with the resolution on your computer. Aesthetically, I don't think they've pulled it off either... there's clean and minimalist but that's difficult to pull off well while this feels slightly cheap and amateur.

edit. My GF walked past while it was updating my avatar wardrobe and thought I'd turned on our wii for the first time in about a year.

edit 2. MS have succeeded in forcing me to change from the default theme, something I haven't done in four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Was a really quick download for me, but heard the servers were getting hammered earlier.
    Overall, I quite like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kinda hate it. Wish I could zoom out of the panels a bit, feels like my face is right up to the telly or when someone screws with the resolution on your computer. Aesthetically, I don't think they've pulled it off either... there's clean and minimalist but that's difficult to pull off well while this feels slightly cheap and amateur.

Gotta agree, wish there was an option to edit the screen colours or such, the pure white can get a bit eye-straining when looking at the Achievement pictures.

Would be nice if themes also modded the interface, imagine it done in the style of a Fallout Pip-Boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's a bit bright and big for my liking but I don't really care since the layout is more or less the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

its ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

so i got the new update and cant play kanes wrath anymore

mega annoyed :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jesus!
    Could it possibly be any more white???!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any people noticed any difference in people's voices over xbox live? People saying that everyone sounds like robots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

siblers wrote: »
    Any people noticed any difference in people's voices over xbox live? People saying that everyone sounds like robots.

Maybe Stephen Hawkin's finally got a gold membership! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Maybe Stephen Hawkin's finally got a gold membership! :D

*shakes head* thats low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

fuppin sky player won't download at all for me. wanted to watch a film tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Wouldn't let me play fifa 11 live earlier. Said token was corrupt or something. Seems ok now though.
    Anyone else find it really slow and laggy compared to NXE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I would say the live servers are getting hammered, very slow all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

It's so white! Too bright and first thing I did was turn off sound effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Oh goodie, my friend's list has disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just had my first play around with the updated Sky Player. The picture quality has definitely improved. Very welcome change. However I can't changed the quality. It says to press LB/RB but that doesn't work. Maybe it'll be addressed soon.

Annoying this about the new dashboard is the long pauses I'm getting. Getting them frequently when clicking in to different parts of the dashboard. Hope this is sorted ASAP/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Had a lot of trouble trying to download this today. After a good few mins, it would jump about 50%, then after another while it would cancel and tell me to check my connection. This happened a few times before I finally gave up and simply played offline instead. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Anybody else have a simliar problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

took about 10 mins for the whole process from start to finish on a 2mb line

anyways, looks alrite lil brighter, it seems like whenever your on a panel its more to the left or something!

but yeah its fine, just wish it wasn't so bright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Finally I can party chat again!2 months without chat was a killer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I really like it, it's bright and friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

i think it makes the console look as graphically powerful as a megadrive. Very cheap looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i think it makes the console look as graphically powerful as a megadrive. Very cheap looking

I thought so too initially, it struck me as very dumbed down. It just grows on you, some of us have had it for several weeks now, I'm struggling to remember what the old one was like tbh

Advertisement