Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dashboard out today (Nov. 1st)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

If you have a game in the tray and you turn on the xbox 360 instead of loading up the game like its supposed to it goes straight to the dashboard instead.
    I've checked my console settings and I have it set to startup disc when the console is turned on so it isn't supposed to do that.
    I've tried turning on and off my 360 a few times and it always does the same thing goes to the dashboard instead of starting the game.
    Anyone else have that problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

quinnd6 wrote: »
    If you have a game in the tray and you turn on the xbox 360 instead of loading up the game like its supposed to it goes straight to the dashboard instead.
    I've checked my console settings and I have it set to startup disc when the console is turned on so it isn't supposed to do that.
    I've tried turning on and off my 360 a few times and it always does the same thing goes to the dashboard instead of starting the game.

plug it out from the mains for a bit, i dunno, that used to reset the clock on the old ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

deathrider wrote: »
    Had a lot of trouble trying to download this today. After a good few mins, it would jump about 50%, then after another while it would cancel and tell me to check my connection. This happened a few times before I finally gave up and simply played offline instead. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Anybody else have a simliar problem?

Had the same problem. I'm using the standard UPC wireless router, so after 10 or so attempts with the network connection warning, I gave up and used a wired connection to the router.

The update downloaded and installed in a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I bought the XBOX 360 only a few days ago and really liked the layout but now it feels cheap and can be a bit laggy at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

quinnd6 wrote: »

A crease they will probably iron out soon enough.

This is my biggest gripe with online gaming...it sets precedents for half assed QC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Just installed mine last night.I have to say it's growing on me but I haven't done any gaming on it yet ,although sky player seems to be faster to navigate through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

i like it, personally. its more vivid and clean looking.

but what difference does it make really? how much time do you spend playing with the dashboard? The sound in partys was a little wierd last night but it seemed fine this mornin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hecklar wrote: »
    i like it, personally. its more vivid and clean looking.

but what difference does it make really? how much time do you spend playing with the dashboard? The sound in partys was a little wierd last night but it seemed fine this mornin.

I dont think there's any major difference to the basic dashboard, the only big difference being the kinect support

I didnt like it at first but it has grown on me now, seems a little bit slicker or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

One thing that's annoying me slightly is the way Video Marketplace, Game Marketplace and Music Marketplace are all lined up underneath one another. Seeing "marketplace" 3 times in a row annoys me to no end.

Maybe I'm developing OCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

AdMMM wrote: »
    One thing that's annoying me slightly is the way Video Marketplace, Game Marketplace and Music Marketplace are all lined up underneath one another. Seeing "marketplace" 3 times in a row annoys me to no end.

Maybe I'm developing OCD.

haha yeah that actually annoyed me too! Just looks too cluttered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

maximoose wrote: »
    I dont think there's any major difference to the basic dashboard, the only big difference being the kinect support

I didnt like it at first but it has grown on me now, seems a little bit slicker or something

Yeah its much slicker, but im finding its actually a bit quicker and smoother than before. where you would have a hesitation when sliding through menu's previously (tested on the new Slim, still have to stick it on 2 older consoles), its a bit more responsive now. I like that sound when you press the big middle button too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hecklar wrote: »
    Yeah its much slicker, but im finding its actually a bit quicker and smoother than before. where you would have a hesitation when sliding through menu's previously (tested on the new Slim, still have to stick it on 2 older consoles), its a bit more responsive now. I like that sound when you press the big middle button too. :)

Tbh I like it too, seems more mature. Not trying so hard. I like the initrtia on the menu navigation like when you scroll through your friends and when you stop it slides just a little past then back to center... very android OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Had no idea this was coming down the line. Only had a quick look lastnight, but initial thoughts are that I prefer the old system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Had the same problem. I'm using the standard UPC wireless router, so after 10 or so attempts with the network connection warning, I gave up and used a wired connection to the router.

The update downloaded and installed in a few mins.

Yeah, I was also using UCP, but mine is wired. I'll try again when I get the chance today and hope for the best.
    Cheers for the info, dude.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Me: oh, the new dashboard is out, it's very white and it-
    Friend: Are the blades back yet?
    Me: no, bu-
    Friend: Don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Before if someone was playin music through the mic you would just hear a load of fuzz which was damn annoying! Now with the new dashboard you can actually hear the song really clear. Pretty impressive I must say :)

Finally got it downloaded. Just took a few seconds to do. It must have been due to the amount of people downloading it yesterday that I ran into touble with it. It sure is white though, but I've still got my theme (a cutesy version of Chun-Li from Pocket Fighter) in the background, so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

Does the udate automatically occur when you turn on your xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

eskoflip wrote: »
    Does the udate automatically occur when you turn on your xbox?

you will be asked to update when you sign into xbox live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Meh, really. Only plus-side is less clutter when you're not online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

I've just applied it, it's not bad. Sounds are a bit more annoying than the old but suppose we'll just have to get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Maybe if i wait a few days my friends avatars and the games they are playing will show in "friends" the lag on this has been there since beta and not fixed in the final :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It's a bit of a non story this update in my opinion. Just a bit of a face lift!

I definitely don't like the bright white now instead of the green or the grey what ever we had before. It burns the eyes if you are playing in a dark room!!!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    It burns the eyes if you are playing in a dark room!!!

I can defo feel that. It's aggressively white. Especially when you hit the guild button, it would blow the eyes out of your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

deathrider wrote: »
    I can defo feel that. It's aggressively white. Especially when you hit the guild button, it would blow the eyes out of your head.

A pair of shades you need there OP:pac:

A pair of shades you need there OP:pac:

And possibly some sun-block too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Since I updated it's taking ages to start up, agaes to connect to xbox live and to find matches on mw2, net connection is fine and this is litterly since I updated yesterday

by ages I mean 2-3 mins but that's ages compared to 15 secs before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

it is a terrible update, way to wii ish.if i wanted childish menus and blinding white colour scheme i would buy a wii, but i didnt i bought a xbox, i know that they have to change it up for the konect crap but you should be able to choose from both dashboards.i for one am not getting the konect so y should i have to put up with this terrible dashboard

but that's just what i think.

also there are a lot of people on my friends list that feel the same way and some that because of this update has made them think twice about renewing there xbox live account when its up and jumping over to PlayStation.if they dont change it or give use the option to go back to the old dashboard i think i wont be renewing myself.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

bill gates is at it again alrite, ever since msn became windows live, he ruins it with every passing update, he's moving onto xbox live

im just having a go at bill gates lately since my desktop crashed with a blue screen of death, and took forever to sort it, i hate that man

/rant(ish)

anyways, its too bright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Just downloaded this tonight. :mad::mad: It's sh1te!

Advertisement