Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dashboard out today (Nov. 1st)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Console locked up twice a few minutes after doing the update, and tonight it froze again after a session on the original Doom.

MICRO$OFT..!!! Get your act together..!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

william gates man, he's out to get ruin everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Given that Gates isn't a full time employee of Microsoft anymore... its highly doubtful that its him out to get you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

miralize wrote: »
    Given that Gates isn't a full time employee of Microsoft anymore... its highly doubtful that its him out to get you :P

Yeah, Steve Ballmer is the reason that my xbox gave an E71 code a couple of times while I was installing this update (that seemed to be a passing issue), not Gates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Jaysis lads, get over it. Its only a new dashboard update. You will spend most of your time playing games, not on the dashboard.

Dont fear change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

thorbarry wrote: »
    Jaysis lads, get over it. Its only a new dashboard update. You will spend most of your time playing games, not on the dashboard.

Dont fear change

Thing is MS had it pretty much nailed with the Blades system. Fast, looked good easy to find stuff and didn't take an age to scroll through aload of screens advertising services I have no interest in.

They are just turning in more into the Wii. The PS3 with its XMB is better now. You can customise it colour wise and not have silly avatars and silly noises all the time. It looks like a proper gaming entertainment interface unlike the 360 which might aswell be the Wii interface.

I could not believe the new dashboard in the Beta, hoped it would get better but all the white and giant blocky menues are the exact opposite of what the 360 was when it came out.

The 360 is getting more childish looking every year now, I wouldn't mind if there was more customization options to make it look and sound how you want but you can't, like make it look like a Wii60 as it is or switch back to the first Blade interface if you want. Now it's just ripoff themes to make it look a tad different and that sh1te while still everywhere.

bill@microsoft.com

send all the complaints there, he'll get em... it was bills idea to get rid of the blades

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

thorbarry wrote: »

Dont fear change

That's the shtuff, well said

Have to get a pair of these now for my recently burned retinas

e50b7e36-aa5c-45a9-9723-bceae02124e9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

I don't see why people are making such a big deal of it? I don't even notice it anymore. there really is very little change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm not bothered by how it looks. My biggest problem with it is that when you are in a game and you press the guide button to quickly check messages, friends etc. It takes ages to load, well maybe a second, but it's so much slower than the old system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hecklar wrote: »
    I don't see why people are making such a big deal of it? I don't even notice it anymore. there really is very little change.

Agreed, very little change!

Green to Bright White, thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Thing is MS had it pretty much nailed with the Blades system. Fast, looked good easy to find stuff and didn't take an age to scroll through aload of screens advertising services I have no interest in.

They are just turning in more into the Wii. The PS3 with its XMB is better now. You can customise it colour wise and not have silly avatars and silly noises all the time. It looks like a proper gaming entertainment interface unlike the 360 which might aswell be the Wii interface.

I could not believe the new dashboard in the Beta, hoped it would get better but all the white and giant blocky menues are the exact opposite of what the 360 was when it came out.

The 360 is getting more childish looking every year now, I wouldn't mind if there was more customization options to make it look and sound how you want but you can't, like make it look like a Wii60 as it is or switch back to the first Blade interface if you want. Now it's just ripoff themes to make it look a tad different and that sh1te while still everywhere.

God no the blades were horrible, impossible to find stuff, i dont see how a change of colour scheme makes the console more childish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

i much preferred the new system after the blades, They were a paint to navigate, hated them.

Also, as far as the guide button is concerned, I find it now loads up the messages screen faster than it used to. Its always been a complaint of mine that it lags and takes a few seconds but its better now. Have tried it on my 3 consoles which include the new slim, older jasper elite and an ancient pre HDMI console. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

tman wrote: »
    Jesus!
    Could it possibly be any more white???!?!
    The worst thing about the new update..snow blindness when receiving invites
    :mad::mad: Idiots at M$ dont/cant design for cwap.

Advertisement