Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mcallister 250mm slide saw

• 01-11-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

bought one of these a few years back for the little wood work I'd do but I'm looking for a diamond blade for it for cutting pvc.

can't find the manual and don't want to take the blade out at the moment, does anyone know off the top of their head what bore it is? its a 250mm blade I know that but its the inside hole I'm not sure about.

also were would be a good place to get a cheap blade? ebay?

just looking to make life a bit easier and quicker as I'm doing a bit more pvc work now more than usual

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Sparkpea wrote: »
    bought one of these a few years back for the little wood work I'd do but I'm looking for a diamond blade for it for cutting pvc.

can't find the manual and don't want to take the blade out at the moment, does anyone know off the top of their head what bore it is? its a 250mm blade I know that but its the inside hole I'm not sure about.

also were would be a good place to get a cheap blade? ebay?

just looking to make life a bit easier and quicker as I'm doing a bit more pvc work now more than usual

Diamond blades can be expensive. Why do you need to use a diamond one instead of one for metal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

its what was recommended to me just, would a fine metal blade do the same job?

the one thats in it now is for wood obv and cuts pvc to shiot cos its too coarse so I'm just looking something that will be a clean cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Diamond might well be the way to go then. Generally when you buy a blade for a bench saw they come with shims and spacers to suite the bore of your saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Call City Saw or Carbide tools and ask them what is the right blade u need.

You wont be able to horse the pvc through like timber so if u get the right blade with lots of teeth and keep the feed rate down then it will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

ended up using a diamond blade on a wee grinder just today did the job well, got the blade few months ago cheap on ebay to test with some tiles but only made use of it today, prob the cheapest option in future

• Advertisement
Advertisement