Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laura Marling Irish Tour

Options
  • 01-11-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Laura Marling has announced a small irish tour in december,

Sunday 5th – The Pavillion, Cork
    Monday 6th – Black Box, Belfast
    Tuesday 7th – Vicar St, Dublin

Tickets onsale from ticketmaster on tuesday 02/11/10 or presale tickets available from www.lauramarling.com from today monday 01/11/10. Tickets priced €25.

I got tickets to the Vicar Street gig myself, i think it's the perfect venue for someone like Laura Marling. Looking forward to it should be a great gig :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

Got tickets this morning, have never seen her live before, is she good? My expectations are pretty high going by her albums!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

I only caught the end of her gig in electric picnic this year, what i seen was good but i don't really think a festival suits that kind of music.

Vicar street is a much more intimate setting than a tent so got high hopes for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 itchy_sack

I missed her at electric picnic because i lost track of time but definetely gonna make vicar street. I doubt it will sell out so gonna hang on till closer near the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Haven't seen her live but got tickets for the Vicar St gig.
    Took me a while to get into the albums but they do grow on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pavilioncork

Laura's Cork gig at The Pavilion tonight 05.12 has been postponed due to illness..

Awaiting details on a new date...probably next year..

www.pavilioncork.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Laura's Cork gig at The Pavilion tonight 05.12 has been postponed due to illness..

Awaiting details on a new date...probably next year..

www.pavilioncork.com

Seems all Irish dates are postponed unfortunately:

December 5, 2010
    Ireland dates postponed due to illness

To all of the folks we were looking forward to seeing in Cork, Belfast and Dublin over the next few days: we are very very sorry to inform you that regrettably these dates have had to be postponed. LM has been doing her utmost to battle on through but unfortunately she is still poorly and therefore unable to play.

Postponed Ireland dates:

The Pavilion – Cork (5th)
    Black Box – Belfast (6th)
    Vicar St – Dublin (7th)

We are looking to reschedule these dates so check back for further updates. In the meantime please keep a hold of your tickets.

Huge apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stay healthy

LM HQ x

http://www.lauramarling.com/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

Laura Marling‘s Irish tour dates have been postponed due to illness. The news comes after the singer pulled out of her performance on RTÉ’s Other Voices concert series, which is being filmed this weekend in Dingle. The gigs affected are as follows:
    The Pavilion, Cork (December 5th)
    Black Box, Belfast (December 6th)
    Vicar St., Dublin (December 7th)
    Concert-goers are advised to hold onto their tickets as rescheduled dates will be announced for the new year.

Link: http://www.state.ie/news/24600-laura-marling-irish-dates-postponed-due-to-illness

She's had to pull out of her Other Voices performance which is a shame. Rescheduled dates are to be announced in the new year so hopefully the gigs will be Jan/Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

Hope they offer a refund, as much as I want to see her, Im leaving the country in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Hope they offer a refund, as much as I want to see her, Im leaving the country in January!

Same as, and they will. Bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You can always be rest assured that TM will offer refunds if there is a change of date.

• Advertisement

Has there been any word on a rescheduled date for this yet???

Has there been any word on a rescheduled date for this yet???

I'll answer my own question...
    The latest word from up top of ‘HQ is: the postponed Aberdeen/Ireland shows are still due to be rescheduled, but at present there are no specific dates to announce. For those of you who would like a rough idea of when, it’s looking most likely (although not yet definite) that the Ireland shows will take place around May time, with Aberdeen to follow a bit later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thanks for that. May will be a busy time for me and concerts. Not to mention exams too!

Rescheduled date now confirmed for Thursday June 23rd in Vicar Street.

http://www.vicarstreet.ie/component/eventlist/details/8788-laura-marling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

She's also playing in Belfast as part of the Open House Festival on 24th June
    http://openhousefestival.ticketsolve.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Great to hear she's coming back!

Advertisement