Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for multi room setup - CA Incognito 4 zone

• 01-11-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

We are moving shortly into a new build two storey house. Only flooring down as yet is ply so running cable will be relatively easy. Have a mate who is a spark who is going to help run whatever we need. I thought I had all of our cabling requirements sorted until he asked me about multi room which hadn’t really crossed my mind. That got me thinking and I have spent most of the weekend researching various options and thinking of what our requirements will be.

Don’t want or need a top end system so am leaning towards the CA Incognito 4 zone system which I see Richer Sounds has as a deal on. Hopefully I can screw some more out of them as well by getting cabling, tv’s, brackets, receiver and suchlike as well.

Our basic requirements are:-

• We don’t want any cables on display, want a classy finish. Our mate is shifting all sockets for things like TV to eye level height so we get a nice clean look.
    • Our 4 zones will be the lounge, kitchen/diner, master bedroom and study
    • Lounge – 50” LG TV with DLNA, will have Sky for sports etc. Want all digi boxes hidden away.
    • Kitchen/diner – 42” TV with DLNA for kids (am going to rip all of the kids dvd’s and store on a NAS). TV will probably have freesat or freeview built in but might get a PVR box like the Humax HD. Again digi box hidden away.
    • Master bedroom – probably just have speakers and the keypad to listen to music. Not really interested in throwing in a tv at all but might leave some cable in the walls for a rainy day
    • Home office – again no tv, but will want audio
    • Cat 5 will be run throughout the house to supply each room
    • Coax will be run to each TV as well. Speaker wire run for each room
    • All of the cat 5 ethernet cabling will come back to a netgear switch with a NAS attached
    • We would like to listen to internet radio and play music from playlists. All of our music is in mp3 format on our pc and I have spent what feels like a lifetime using music brainz and various other applications ensuring that the ID tags and album art are 100%. Presently I have an existing wireless streamer (TEAC WAP-8500) which I was planning on using in the system that grabs the music from the pc and plays it through my ancient Denon mini system.
    • Not into gaming so no x-boxes or the like so no need to worry about that.
    So my questions are………

• Even with two storeys space is reasonably tight. There is a small area below the stairs in the main hallway where some kit could go. But I don’t want to cook anything so I was thinking that things like sky boxes and the netgear switch can all go into the loft space
    • Would you put the CA Incognito Audio and Video hubs into the loft??
    • Then presumably the AV receiver, CD and DVD player would be better suited under the stairs where they are more accessible??
    • How does the Incognito cope with Sky? Will the video hub play Sky in each room where we have TV’s?
    • I see that Richer are doing monitor speakers rather than the Incognito ones. The advantage of the Incognito ones were the inclusion of IR receivers. I assume that the keypads (KP 10) have IR receivers on them so presumably that would mean siting the keypad over beside the TV’s to avoid having to direct a remote control potentially behind you.
    • How will you get all of our music and playlists to play from the NAS in a multi room set up?
    Hopefully you can help fill the gaps in my knowledge. Once forearmed I am planning a trip up to chat to the guys at Richer and will be better informed if I can get my head around the above. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement