Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling Cheque query

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Have a Northern Bank sterling cheque here. Want to quick lodge it. Can I use a normal Lodgement slip to lodge it or does it have to be a special slip that allows sterling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Best talk to someone in you bank branch. Most pre-printed forms are marked in euro.

Do you trust the issuer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Yes, trust the issuer completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Have a Northern Bank sterling cheque here. Want to quick lodge it. Can I use a normal Lodgement slip to lodge it or does it have to be a special slip that allows sterling?

I've done this before a few times. Just bung it in there and they'll sort it out. They won't get snotty and send it back to you or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Just bring the cheque and your card to the counter to lodge. It may take from 5 to 14 working days to clear depending on the bank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I received a cheque for £12. Are there any charges for lodging it to my bank or should I return it to sender and seek another method of payment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement