Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on the clarecastle roundabout

• 01-11-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭

the roundabout on the clarecastle junction has been down to one lane for the last week.
    Why?
    I haven't seen anyone doing any road works.

All it does is add 10 minutes to my daily commute every day.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they realised that they have had nearly 100 days without any roadworks on it so they have to do something............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Akrasia wrote: »
    the roundabout on the clarecastle junction has been down to one lane for the last week.
    Why?
    I haven't seen anyone doing any road works.

All it does is add 10 minutes to my daily commute every day.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thank you for posting this...... after passing by there a number of times and seeing no work going on,it reminded me of the Cone hotline set up in Britain back in the 90s where people were encouraged to ring this hotline when they saw cones on the road and no work bieng done. Wtf is the purpose of blocking off a lane of traffic for no reason:confused:

idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

they only have half the roundabout down to one lane now. still no sign of anyone doing any actual road works, i can't think of any reason for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Akrasia wrote: »
    they only have half the roundabout down to one lane now. still no sign of anyone doing any actual road works, i can't think of any reason for this.

It's simple really. Past few years, there was an awfull lot of road works going on, hence they had to but a sh1t load of cones. Now there is no road works going on, and they have no where to store the cones. So, why not put some on the roundabout. It's as good a place as any:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I asked the same question myself yesterday. It looks like they intend to narrow the entrances or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

If I remember correctly I think the paper said they were putting in a crosswalk.

Advertisement