Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golden Fry -Ballinlough

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me what the Golden Fry is like?
    Worth a visit? Someone told me the opening hours are very strange and you have to wait ages.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes, it is lovely. Lots of pictures of the pope and our lady in there was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it is a lovely chipper, but my god are they slow, i was in there for 45 mins before:(
    i never noticed the opening hours being strange, the inside is funny its decorated like an old persons sitting room:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Stabler008

Thanks Guys! I'll give it a go. Will just make sure I have plenty of time to spare! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

If you go before 6 or after 9 its grand.

They're open Wednesday to Sunday 4.30 - 11ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    If you go before 6 or after 9 its grand.

They're open Wednesday to Sunday 4.30 - 11ish

Lunch time too - I go there on Friday lunch time sometimes. Nom Nom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I find you cannot rely on the opening times. Sometimes i go during the posted opening times and its closed.

GET THE CHICKEN MARYLAND!!!!!

^^^That deserves to be in bold and underlined in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Chicken Maryland and Potato Cakes :D:D

Just don't go tomorrow evening, nobody needs to be in my way when I load up on potato cakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

It's like getting a takeout from someones living room. deeelicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Where exactly is this place? I've been hearing about it for years but the only time I ever went looking for it I must have driven past without even realising.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's right across the road from the church on Ballinlough road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

next door to mr dunleas sweet shop .... flashback ..that was about 35 yrs ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ok think I've spotted it on google maps now. Must give it a go this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Fantastic traditional chipper. Clean food reasonable prices. Staff are nice. Chicken Maryland is absolutely beautiful. Wish I still lived in Blackrock :( used go there every thursday for it .

Be warned it's addictive :)

Advertisement