Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harney gets painted

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Morlar wrote: »
    And it will take political will, strong & competent leadership who will stand up to jobsworths and unions and fiefdoms within the hse as an organisation. Someone who is more interested in results than the appearance of progress.

Have been saying the same for years, long before the economic downturn. I got laughed at then. The problem is this country would never elect such a leader, and none of the major parties are IMO capable of producing such a leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

[Who called her a Fat Heifer? I suggest you read my comment or are you simpleton that has suffered dyslexia while hospitals close down,treatment centres are shut,schenes to provide aid to people suffering from disabling illnesses and not taking into account the carers who look after them.Phasing out staff makes things even worse.The implications will be seen when people are admitted to hospital and the doctors/nurses are just not there...but thats already happened hasn't it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

As I noted earlier, the woman who threw a cream pie at Bertie Ahern was not charged with assault; i.e. there is a legal precedent of the laws being interpreted a certain way when it comes to these kinds of things..

That would be down to Mary Harney. There's no legal precedent required from her end on whether or not to press charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Anyone else see the thread title and think of that Jenny Saville painting used as the cover of The Holy Bible album?
    http://www.bestmusic.lt/mp3/rock/308-manic-street-preachers-the-holy-bible.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People seem to forget that mary harney was part of the reason the conomy is in pieces is mary harney, she was the minister for enterprise. She played a part in ruining the economy and for was put in charge of the health sector.

apart from above that creature shows absolutly no respect for the irish people, using her position to claim expenses and refusing to answer the concerns of the people who have relatives dying in the services she in charge of. worst of all she constantly deflects blame to the hse a department which she is the minister of and has no control over.

People get the respect they demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

'deserve' I think you meant:rolleyes:

'deserve' I think you meant:rolleyes:

well all people deserve respect but they often only get what they demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

steddyeddy wrote: »
    That's a shame, I'd love to be respected but will only get the €10 million and lifetime supply of Romantica I demand. :(

zynaps wrote: »
    That's a shame, I'd love to be respected but will only get the €10 million and lifetime supply of Romantica I demand. :(

youll find the task becomes easier with the application of force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

steddyeddy wrote: »

Stop digging Edward:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Fianna Fáil are also a republican group which Mary Harney was a member so therefore by your logic, she has blood on her hands
    Are you seriously comparing a major party to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Meh! Monday's news move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Red paint is a small price to pay Harney.
    The Ombudsman, Emily O'Reilly, has today (09.11.2010) laid before the Dáil and Seanad a report entitled 'WHO CARES? An Investigation into the Right to Nursing Home Care in Ireland.'
    This investigation, looking at the actions of the Department of Health and Children and of the HSE, is based on 1,200 complaints received over 25 years regarding the right to long-term nursing home care for older people. The consistent theme in these complaints, throughout the 25 year period, is the failure of the health boards (HSE) to provide for older people in public nursing homes with the result that many had to avail of expensive private nursing home care.
    There are currently more than 300 legal actions in place against the State on behalf of people seeking compensation for the costs of private nursing home care. The report looks at what might now be done - mindful of the current financial and economic difficulties - to assist those people who have suffered hardship.

How did Harney help?
    The Ombudsman encountered unprecedented opposition, and a lack of co-operation, from the Department and the HSE in the course of conducting this investigation.

http://ombudsman.gov.ie/en/PressReleases/Name,13048,en.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

mikom wrote: »

That's vile. Cover up?

Where's the accountability in this country. One bloody ass coverer after another :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

mikom wrote: »
    That's truly disgusting, but great to see the Ombudsman plainly stating how much thóin-covering and unprofessional resistance by the HSE (and above) to the investigation.

An ombudsman with some teeth is at least a start towards accountability, but it's shameful that the HSE/Department of Health appear to hold themselves above scrutiny. Let's hope this causes a positive change.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

Bing show thier hatred for her also, done this search and returned this for the wikipedia result - not in the current wikipedia page though. Wikipedia result in google was the same as the current Wikipedia page.
    I love it :D

Harneysearch.jpg

Advertisement