Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Play-offs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

CiaranC wrote: »
    Glad Galway did it. Now for Bray to beat Monaghan, Premier doesnt need another club with no fans.
    Monaghan could have more fans than Bray...

What we don't need is another "Dublin" club. Their place in the Premier over the last few years owed a lot to being able to pick up the hand me downs of the bigger clubs in the area.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bray are unrelegatable, so I'd like Mons to beat them and see where Bohs or Fingal end up.

Pleased for Galway for their services to the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I want to see Monaghan go up simply as if they hold the team together next season it makes life alot more difficult for City.

Glad they beat Waterford as well, as if Waterford went up, they would have raped us of our better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

71495_1494680845637_1192556165_31166589_7171579_n.jpg

(Mostly) young fans mob the manager outside the tunnel.

The lads with the United hats look delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Glad Galway did it. Now for Bray to beat Monaghan, Premier doesnt need another club with no fans.

Its not so long since your team didnt have a ground or even the money to pay your bills, to be fair its a bit rich that you're now qualified to say who should or shouldnt be in the Premier league.

Small fan base yes, but a club that has built sustainably and that owns its own ground, something a few other teams could take a lesson from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Small fan base yes, but a club that has built sustainably and that owns its own ground, something a few other teams could take a lesson from.
    We'll all take comfort from your sustainability when thinking about how weve to play another two fixtures with five or six away fans so. Your sustainability is great and all, but it costs us money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We'll all take comfort from your sustainability when thinking about how weve to play another two fixtures with five or six away fans so. Your sustainability is great and all, but it costs us money.

Have to laugh at the irony in this! :D Just offer to let them see 4% (is that what it was?) of the match or something, sorted!

Töpher wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the irony in this! :D Just offer to let them see 4% (is that what it was?) of the match or something, sorted!
    Thats not a very good gag, you shouldve tried harder. Let who see 4% of the match? It doesnt even make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Thats not a very good gag, you shouldve tried harder. Let who see 4% of the match? It doesnt even make sense.

Nope, not good at all, but I'm hardly overly concerned. You're moaning about other clubs costing you money, while your club cost many local businesses a damn sight more than you stand to lose from some smaller travelling crowds once or twice a year. You couldn't make that up.

• Advertisement

Töpher wrote: »
    Nope, not good at all, but I'm hardly overly concerned. You're moaning about other clubs costing you money, while your club cost many local businesses a damn sight more than you stand to lose from some smaller travelling crowds once or twice a year. You couldn't make that up.
    Hold on there ill travel into the past in my time machine and sort that out with our previous board. Any message for Ollie while Im there?

The point stands, Id much rather have someone like Cork or Shelbourne come up, who would generate an extra interest among our fanbase and bring along a travelling support to boost our coffers directly and indirectly by providing a better atmosphere in Tallaght than the likes of Monaghan United.

Well Tallaght Stadium cost all the rest of us money, but we dont begrudge you your new home, provided by the Council. You boys hadn't a tosser a few years ago, and while you have the right to celebrate your successes you have not earned the right to preach to clubs who have succeeded despite being a town with a population one twentieth of the rovers catchment area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is that 4% after half the gate has been thieved or is magically unaccounted for due to raffle tickets (or indeed, no tickets) being offered to people paying in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Tallaght is just like social housing really. Paid for by us all for the benefit of the disadvantaged and homeless.
    I'd much rather see Monaghan come up. A well run club after having an excellent season.

Rovers have generated over four million euro for the local economy in the last two seasons (not to mention the wider exposure of bringing Madrid and Juventus to town) and SDCC have turned a large profit on our six figure rent, so spare us the poor-mouth bull****.

Only in the LOI can a club who attract an average gate of 200 be deemed "well-run". Secret societies get bigger attendances. Its a pain in the hole having to play them.

Boo Hoo

Its a pain in the hole i'm sure for some of the communities who have had to live beside the violence and disruption caused by the less community spirited idiots who support your club.

With due respect Platinum brought Real to Tallaght, it could as easily have been any club in Ireland mate. Juve I will give you, but that was luck of the draw.

Rovers is a good club with a great history, kept going by some very good people when the **** hit the fan. Stop being so sanctimonious, it does your team no credit.

• Advertisement

, kept going by some very good people when the **** hit the fan.

Your own club could do some of that now. Focus your energies there.

Or maybe just obsess on other clubs. More fun, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

You can listen to Mons vs. Bray here:

http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00187/live4.asx

If direct link doesn't work:

http://www.northernsound.ie/

Click listen "live"

Its 0 - 0 at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rovers fans obviously never had a Mondog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Matt Gregg up to his old tricks :pac: Took down the defender 22 yards out, sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Monaghan could have more fans than Bray...

What we don't need is another "Dublin" club. Their place in the Premier over the last few years owed a lot to being able to pick up the hand me downs of the bigger clubs in the area.

Sorry to drag this one back up but i haven't been here for a few days.

Inverted commas or not Bray isn't in Dublin it's in Wicklow, it's the only club from Wicklow in the top three tiers of Irish football, and it would be appreciated if you didn't refer to us as a Dublin club when we're not from Dublin, Its like calling Kildare a "Dublin" club because their Dublins neighbours as well.

• Advertisement

0-0 gone to ET.

Cmon Mondogs!!!

1-1 gone to penos.

Mons fans break the wall, seriously Bray www.bobthebuilder.com

if its not rovers proof its certainly not mondog proof.

Bray keep their place in the Premier Division!

Penalties - Bray 7-6 Monaghan

GOAL - Shields scores for Bray

GOAL - Whelan misses for Monaghan

GOAL - O'Neill scores for Bray

GOAL - McCrossan scores for Monaghan

GOAL - Doyle scores for Bray

GOAL - Tierney scores for Monaghan

GOAL - Danny O'Connor scores for Bray

MISS - Bynre misses for Monaghan

GOAL - Massey scores for Bray

GOAL - Clancy scores for Monaghan

MISS - Shaw misses for Bray

GOAL - Gartland scores for Monaghan

GOAL- Kelly scores for Bray

GOAL - Hughes scores for Monaghan

GOAL - Dempsey scores for Bray

GOAL - Bermingham scores for Monaghan.

Unrelegatable!!!!

Well done Bray :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking forward to the screamingly hysterical multi-page thread on how the rampaging Monaghan hordes attacked and destroyed a defenceless wall.

Looking forward to the screamingly hysterical multi-page thread on how the rampaging Monaghan hordes attacked and destroyed a defenceless wall.

The wall had a "unrelegatable" banner on it and they took offence to it.

Should be fined €3600 quid for it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was ****ing awesome!!

Hard luck on Monaghan. Neither side deserved to lose.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

just watching the highlights myself having avoided result earlier, knew there was something up when first goal was scored 2 mins from end of extra time, but still 40 mins of show left!

Some twists and turns from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pretty Accurate description.

Loved the description of Philly Hughes as portly.

Terrific game on an atrocious pitch and a very good crowd considering the appalling conditions. One of the best games I've been to in a good while.

That Monaghan side would easily be mid-table in the Premier and should've edged it, but they didn't take their chances again. Outstanding performance, playing better football than the much lauded Sligo or Fingal...

0-1 with a minute to go and 4-2 down on penalties and still Bray stay up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Congrats to Bray. They where up against all year and they survived. Who would have thought it 4 months ago.

Nah, there was more than one Rovers member there, so obviously we all know what happened. No coincidence..

I walked past it going out and it looked to be more serious damage to a bigger section than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dfx- wrote: »
    That Monaghan side would easily be mid-table in the Premier and should've edged it, but they didn't take their chances again. Outstanding performance, playing better football than the much lauded Sligo or Fingal...

Seriously? The only time I saw them play this season was when they lost to Mervue and they were absolutely awful. I can't imagine the team I saw that day playing good football.

|Fair play to Wanderers. To go behind twice like that and come back takes guts. We should have had this wrapped up long before the 119th minute of the game. It's heart breaking to have a season like that and come away with nothing.

On the wall issue, nuts that about ten people, leaning against a wall can take it down. When the wall collapsed it was the first of us who got to it that took it down. There was no one behind me for a few seconds after it and I hit the ground. Pretty bad reflection and it should be a licensing condition for next season, if only to save the club from being sued. One young cub was pretty badly hurt and it was only luck that there wasnt a serious injury.

As for the reports of a pitch invasion, if the wall collapses it aint a pitch invasion. Lazy journalism of the highest order.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

When I was in Bray last week and I couldn't believe they only replaced the section of wall that had collapsed at the rovers game, rather than the whole wall. What made them think the rest of the wall wouldn't collapse? It was the exact same shoddy building technique as the collapsed section.

I was thinking to myself that I would be very concerned if I seen a ballboy sitting at the wall. Gross negligence as far as I'm concerned and they should be fucked out of the league as it could easily have lead to serious injury or death...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

When I was in Bray last week and I couldn't believe they only replaced the section of wall that had collapsed at the rovers game, rather than the whole wall. What made them think the rest of the wall wouldn't collapse? It was the exact same shoddy building technique as the collapsed section.

I was thinking to myself that I would be very concerned if I seen a ballboy sitting at the wall. Gross negligence as far as I'm concerned and they should be fucked out of the league as it could easily have lead to serious injury or death...
    Bit extreme no? Make them replace the wall, conduct better inspections in future and this shouldn't happen.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Bit extreme no? Make them replace the wall, conduct better inspections in future and this shouldn't happen.

Would you be saying that if one of the players had been killed while lying on the ground celebrating the goal? This could easily have happened as they were close to the wall on the ground. As far as I'm concerned, Bray had their chance last season and we can kind of forgive them that. No excuses this time...

Any truth in the rumoour that the wall collapsed as a result of telepathic hooligan pressure from Tallaght?

Well done Bray who I like and deserved it after been screwed this season, although a new away would have been nice too.

AgileMyth wrote: »

Maybe had they spent the money on fixing the entire wall, they wouldn't be able to afford the players who got them out of relegation.

There were sections of it either side ready to collapse that hadn't actually fallen down. I wonder will they be fixed too...how it survived 1500 Rovers fans last week, I shudder to think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Would you be saying that if one of the players had been killed while lying on the ground celebrating the goal? This could easily have happened as they were close to the wall on the ground. As far as I'm concerned, Bray had their chance last season and we can kind of forgive them that. No excuses this time...

Bray are at fault to an extent, but as part of the independent licensing at the start of the season don't engineers check stadiums, shouldn't be a large burden of responability be on them? I know they did in Tolka and as a result the Ballybough End being shut.

0003e4ce10dr.jpg

braywall2.jpg

Different place to last season...that to me is negligence on someone's part. Obviously it was only patched up in the corner...

Bray are at fault to an extent,.

How is to 'an extent'?

Or is the implication merely because it us?

dfx- wrote: »
    Different place to last season...that to me is negligence on someone's part. Obviously it was only patched up in the corner...

It was obvious to anybody who actually looked at the wall which parts had been replaced. Only the first 20 yards or so had been done and looked nice and sturdy. The rest still looked like an accident waiting to happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Bray are at fault to an extent, but as part of the independent licensing at the start of the season don't engineers check stadiums, shouldn't be a large burden of responability be on them? I know they did in Tolka and as a result the Ballybough End being shut.

Thats the bare minimum mentality that has you where you are.

Its up to Bray to have a safe stadium. The same wall collapsed last season hospitalising three people. It was not fixed, and the same thing happened again. Just because an engineer missed it does not remove Bray's duty of care.

Stop blaming the FAI for Bray's failings.

It was obvious to anybody who actually looked at the wall which parts had been replaced. Only the first 20 yards or so had been done and looked nice and sturdy. The rest still looked like an accident waiting to happen...

And that comes back to Bray as far as I see it. If they rebuilt it all, it wouldn't have happened. They obviously did not check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Its up to Bray to have a safe stadium. The same wall collapsed last season hospitalising three people. It was not fixed, and the same thing happened again. Just because an engineer missed it does not remove Bray's duty of care.

Indeed it's up to Bray to have a safe stadium, but it's up to an engineer to ensure it is safe at the start of the season imo.

Advertisement