Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace DL380 C Drive for more space

Options
  • 01-11-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

So i have a dl380 G3 acting as a dc. It had two 36GB disks that where as one logical and partationed as 3 single disks C D E. Problem is now C D & E have about 1.3mb free in each. So I slapped in a nice 300GB disk set it up as another logicl drive and set to F:

My question is this what way would you go about either replaceing both disks and using just the 300 but keeping os and shares or making the 300 the C: and using the 12GB from the old C to allocate to D & E

OS is 2003
    F is raid 0
    pretty sure c d e is 0 or 1

Thanks

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

you could take an image of the server using ghost or Acronis and pop in 2 new disks,

Create your Raid 1 volume and restore you data

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Yeh was thinking of going down the ghost route. But to do that would i not need to have a big down time? it is my DC and have plans tonight :)

Can I just copy/ghost the 2 36's over to the 300 and the drives will follow or will i need to set the partations up on them before i restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

also another problem the copy of ghost I have on CD is not usable for 2003 I do have a newer version but it is on DVD and the G3 only has CD Drive

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

you may run in problems when Ghost won't recognise your scsi and/or raid drivers / controller...
    just change the cd with a dvd drive,they are all the same ! or,copy only th ebootable partition and Ghost exe from DVd on to cd,using some third party software.

i'll keep the 36g for OS and 300g for data.is better IO and less hassle !

regards.

Advertisement