Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr bloody binman again

Options
  • 01-11-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all, yawn yawn.see other posts.
    Why oh why can't they get there act together.
    Again no bank holday collection (see last post for details) said they would pick it up today even though I'm on silver service (not normal collection day for silver)....There goes the trucks arse racing away down the street...theres my bin NOT EMPTY standing alone on the pavement feeling totally neglected.

All year I have been asking for an automated reminder by txt or email re bank holiday collection,Greenstar do. They simply wont do it.

Right then put your hands over your ears now...

AAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH.

Now then thats better.
    have a nice day yawl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

I was with MR. BinMan last year and will not go with them again. They tried to charge me 270 euro for bins they never even collected. Not only that but that 270 euro is for six months. I am with the council now and its much cheaper. I only pay for my bin to be collected whenever it needs to be collected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thegoldenchild

When we first built our house, we found out the county council only came half way up our road, so would not collect our rubbish!! Then my hubby rang Mr. Binman, as we weren't sure at the time who else collected in our area. We were told no problem, they would be out with bins in the next week and we waited and waited...no bins. We rang them again, and were told they would be out on Saturday, no call to the house. We rang first thing the following Monday morning, and were told "Oh we did call, we knocked on your front door, but there was no answer" Such lies, we were there ALL day, and no one called. A week later, they rang to say they actually did not come up our road. Again, lies because the lorry goes past our house lol....Thankfully, we're with Greenstar, who do provide a great service, so I would never go near Mr. Binman again....completely unreliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Steve30x wrote: »
    I was with MR. BinMan last year and will not go with them again. They tried to charge me 270 euro for bins they never even collected. Not only that but that 270 euro is for six months. I am with the council now and its much cheaper. I only pay for my bin to be collected whenever it needs to be collected.

How much is the council rates now, Mr Binman is 25pm so 300 pa with free recycling.
    Remember when was with council there was service charge, then collection ticket price and ya paid €1.50 or thereabouts for recylcing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Co. Council rates are here:

http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/wastemanagement/wastecosts/

All inclusive service is €320 per year with 56 recycling bags included.

rasper wrote: »
    How much is the council rates now, Mr Binman is 25pm so 300 pa with free recycling.
    Remember when was with council there was service charge, then collection ticket price and ya paid €1.50 or thereabouts for recylcing

The only service charge I get is the price of the bin tag. My sister or my mother give me council recycle bags because they dont use all the recycling bags they get during the year. Its much cheaper for me to have my bins with the council because My brown and grey bin dont go out every time the bin lorry comes around.

• Advertisement

but then ya pay an annual service charge of €150, although you dont put out the bins everytime they have to go out minimum once a month so that is
    €14x12=168
    so that is 318 pa , with a monthly refuse collection , nevermind the organic and recylcling
    then ya take Mr binman, refuse weekly, organic bi-weekly and unlimited recycling for 25pm x 12=300 for a far better service

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

refuse weekly, organic bi-weekly

Hi Rasper
    , whats that refuse weekly, organic bi-weekly.
    I'm with Mrbinman and 'anything' (apart from hazardous goods and electrics etc) that does not go into my recycling bags goes in the other bin.
    As far as I can see every one in my street who are with Mrbinman do the same. Each have one bin for rubbish and bags for recycling!.

Do ya not have a brown bin, which is collected every 2nd week???

Just noticed most of ye seem to be based in Dungarvan and Im in Tramore , someone mentioned €270 for 6 months, where as I pay that for nearly a year, and have been with them for almost 2 years.
    Is that what we've to look forward to ??

but then ya pay an annual service charge of €150, although you dont put out the bins everytime they have to go out minimum once a month so that is
    €14x12=168
    so that is 318 pa , with a monthly refuse collection , nevermind the organic and recylcling
    then ya take Mr binman, refuse weekly, organic bi-weekly and unlimited recycling for 25pm x 12=300 for a far better service
    I havent been charged any service charge with the council so I dont know what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

per the link posted it states there is a €150 annual service charge in addition to the tags

per the link posted it states there is a €150 annual service charge in addition to the tags

They never said anything to me in may about a service charge when I got my bins. I will have to find out more about that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 garrser

Often wondered about the service charge and how they distinguish those who have paid it from those who haven't.

What's there to stop someone just putting out their bins (albeit with tags) and recycling bags without paying the €150 service charge?

I'd be pretty sure the council bin collectors would empty the bins anyway.

PS I'm with the council and use their "all star" service. So I'm paying the service charge I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

garrser wrote: »
    Often wondered about the service charge and how they distinguish those who have paid it from those who haven't.

What's there to stop someone just putting out their bins (albeit with tags) and recycling bags without paying the €150 service charge?

You have a sticker to say that you've paid the service charge. If you pay in the two installments it says 2010-1 and 2010-2 on them.

Tangled wrote: »
    You have a sticker to say that you've paid the service charge. If you pay in the two installments it says 2010-1 and 2010-2 on them.

There is no sticker on my bins and the bins still get emptied.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Steve30x wrote: »
    There is no sticker on my bins and the bins still get emptied.
    Lucky you, I'd say a big tip at Christmas is needed to keep that up for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 garrser

Tangled wrote: »

Oops, yeah forgot about the stickers.

Although having said that the recycling bags have no such stickers or tags to indicate that the service charge was paid...

Hi, the latest news seems to be that Mrbinmans email communication system is down. Any one else having the same problems ?

Ok, scrub the last comment. I just got an acknowledgment that my emails have been received. I sent my emails over a week ago. Apparently they have been forwarded to General manager to be dealt with. So it's been about 8 days, lets see how long it takes for him to address my concerns.

I suppose I should have offered an incentive for an early reply. The brown envelope days are gone so I was thinking..... a block of cheese perhaps!:D.

God knows you need to keep a sense of humour don't you.

I went to the council about the service charge on thursday and the charge is 130 euro per year. I can pay it in two payments if I want. She told me I needed to have a sticker on my bin to be collected but I told her I never got that sticker for my bins when I paid them in june.

• Advertisement

Update: 11days, two reminders, no reply.
    Big sighhhhhhhhhhhh....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 1000midgets

im in dunmore and mr.binman collects bins every week at same time......its great,and no brown bin out here yet!

Advertisement