Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bursaspor v Manchester United (UCL) Matchday 4 - TV3/SKY SPORTS 3 - (2/11/10) 7.45pm

• 01-11-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Bursaspor.pngvManchester_United_FC_crest.png

A win here would pretty much guarantee united a Last 16 place. United are coming into this game on the back of 4 wins in all comps. With a tough Wolves game on Saturday I think a few will be rested.

The travelling squad is as follows

GK
    Van Der Sar
    Kuczszak
    Amos

DF
    Evra
    Brown
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Rafael
    Fabio
    O'Shea

MF
    Eikrem
    Scholes
    Obertan
    Bebe
    Fletcher
    Carrick
    Park
    Nani

FW
    Berbatov
    Hernandez

Notable Absentees:
    Anderson
    J Evans
    Giggs
    Hargreaves
    Neville
    Macheda

The team I would go for is:

Kuszczak

Rafael
    Smalling
    Vidic
    Fabio

Bebe
    Scholes
    Carrick
    Obertan

Hernandez
    Berbatov

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would kinda like to see....

..........VDS

Raf..Smalling..Vidic..Evra

Fletcher..Eikrem..Carrick

Nani...Chicharito...Obertan

Won't see that though. reckon the back 5 could be right, but not sure how midfield will look. Nani and Fletcher are likely starters but then it is a guessing game - will Fergie go 4 or 5 in midfied? Will Scholes play and be rested at the weekend (with City game following Wednesday). Will Obertan/Bebe get a start or will Park start on the wing - could also play more centrally in a 451. Will Chico partner Berbatov up top or will one of them be kept in reserve to freshen things up later.

No real idea what way Fergie will go.

Would like to see Eikrem get some time on the pitch, more than the 20seconds Morrison got last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I hope Obertan gets another nice long game, it'll do his confidence good for gathering form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Reports that Rio is travelling out are rubbish according to his twitter http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6olp53

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

MOG7 wrote: »
    Reports that Rio is travelling out are rubbish according to his twitter http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6olp53

I think what he's saying there is that reports that he is not travelling out due to it affecting his back are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I think what he's saying there is that reports that he is not travelling out due to it affecting his back are wrong

Sorry yes I got my wording messed up there.

• Advertisement

he says he's not injured at all...

just being rested i presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I was in the middle of posting up what I thought team might be for tonight but it's impossible to know what he might put out.

I think Mitch is right with the back 5 as he said. After that who knows.

I'm hoping we do well early on and get to see plenty of youth come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I expect us to start something like this.

Kusczack
    Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra
    Nani Fletcher Scholes Carrick Park
    Berbatov

I'd love to see Obertan or Bebe start from the left, though.

0-3. Nani, Berbatov & Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Berba up on his own I'd say.

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Would love 4-4-2 but with only bringing 2 strikers it looks like 4-5-1. Would like Bebe and Obertan both to get at least all the second half. Also want Carrick to play, thought he was solid the last game.
    Actually Bebe, Hernandez and Obertan as a front 3 in a 4-3-3 has nice pace, maybe if we are up by 2 goals we will see that.

Any fresh injury's for tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'd say Berba up top by himself too, Nani and Gabi will start I think, Carrick and Fletcher will both definitely start in my opinion, I imagine the other midfield slot will be between Park & Scholes. Vidic & Smalling CB, maybe Fabio and Rafael out wide resting Evra, but that's only a slight possibility, I'd actually think Evra will start. VDS in goal. 4-5-1/4-3-3 depending which way you see it. Hoping for a 2-0 this evening, could be tough though.

One thing I'm sure about, shït-hot atmosphere. ****ing Hostile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Team for tonight :
    Vds; Rafa, Small, Vida, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletch, Obertan; Berbatov

Good team. Hopeful with that lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I like it , hope obertan does well tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Subs:

PIG, Browne, Park Chico, Fabio, O'Shea and Bebe.

Nailz wrote: »
    One thing I'm sure about, shït-hot atmosphere. ****ing Hostile.

:eek:
    curva_bursa.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Apparently:
    Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Obertan; Berbatov

Edit: Note to self Press the <post> button after copying and pasting!

Happy with that team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nice enough, that's great pace on the wings.

• Advertisement

Manc-Red wrote: »
    curva_bursa.jpg
    Those Turks know how to make players feel uneasy, don't they, pardon the understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Happy enough with that team. Hope to see Fletch getting forward from midfield to support the front 3. Berba is going to have to play well but then he's good at linking the play and bringing others into the game so be interesting to see how it goes. In 4-5-1 I generally prefer a pacy striker, someone who will run in behind and stretch the defence but happy with the team out.

Cmon United!

curva_bursa.jpg

I was gonna say I dont think it is as intimidating as it used to be, but then I remembered I read a story the other day that the day that Bursa won the league, the PA at Fenerbache read out the results wrong and that Fener had won the league (when they hadnt). When the news filtered through to the fans that the hadn't won the league, the fans, wrecked the shop, players and staff had to smuggled out in cop cars and ambulances!

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Happy enough with that team. Hope to see Fletch getting forward from midfield to support the front 3. Berba is going to have to play well but then he's good at linking the play and bringing others into the game so be interesting to see how it goes. In 4-5-1 I generally prefer a pacy striker, someone who will run in behind and stretch the defence but happy with the team out.

Cmon United!

Lot resting on the wingers to get behind him and be the main threat.

nicklauski wrote: »
    I was gonna say I dont think it is as intimidating as it used to be, but then I remembered I read a story the other day that the day that Bursa won the league, the PA at Fenerbache read out the results wrong and that Fener had won the league (when they hadnt). When the news filtered through to the fans that the hadn't won the league, the fans, wrecked the shop, players and staff had to smuggled out in cop cars and ambulances!
    *gulp*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lot resting on the wingers to get behind him and be the main threat.

The good thing about a 3 man midfield is the wingers are more attack focused and so can concentrate more on that side. Carrick will sit, Fletch will be all over the pitch and Scholes will roam in between Carrick and Berbs. Hopefully we can havea good performance and more encouragement from Micky C.

I've not been convinced by Smalling yet - he is a nervous player.

Lets hope that crowd thaw him out.

*gulp*

Ha ha ha. Not with injuries mind you. :D
    I think it was after that Galtasary match that Cantona got involved in a bit of fisticuffs with the turk police on the way back to the dressing rooms. The head case. I've been to Turkey about 6 times and if there is one thing you don't do, it's eff with the Po Po over there. One year I was there, I was about 19/20 a load of Geordies and Mackems (must have been just finished school) had a mini riot in the local "bar street". To say the cops kicked the shíte out of them is an understatement.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    The good thing about a 3 man midfield is the wingers are more attack focused and so can concentrate more on that side. Carrick will sit, Fletch will be all over the pitch and Scholes will roam in between Carrick and Berbs. Hopefully we can havea good performance and more encouragement from Micky C.

I can see Scholesy playing the majority of the game tonight and being rested at the weekend. Hopefully he has a good game. Carrick too as he has been improving (shock, horror) game by game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Stronger team than I expected. ...should win this 2 or 3 nil. Berba I hope ends his 6 week scoring drought and 2 year champions league Drought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I've not been convinced by Smalling yet - he is a nervous player.

Lets hope that crowd thaw him out.

Eh I think he's the total opposite has looked very confident when I've seen him, bringing balk out of defence looking for a decent ball

Stronger team than I expected. ...should win this 2 or 3 nil. Berba I hope ends his 6 week scoring drought and 2 year champions league Drought.

2 Years!!! Jaysis! He's gone a bit quiet since his Liverpool heroics alright.

Ha ha ha. Not with injuries mind you. :D
    I think it was after that Galtasary match that Cantona got involved in a bit of fisticuffs with the turk police on the way back to the dressing rooms. The head case. I've been to Turkey about 6 times and if there is one thing you don't do, it's eff with the Po Po over there. One year I was there, I was about 19/20 a load of Geordies and Mackems (must have been just finished school) had a mini riot in the local "bar street". To say the cops kicked the shíte out of them is an understatement.
    Oh thank goodness! :) Aye, I remember watching that game when I was proper young, refreshed my memory the other day looking up videos on ButtLube. Cantona wouldn't surprise you if he planted a ref, knowing Cantona he'd think he would have them. :D Yeah, but in countries like that you'd expect the cops to be as hard as ****, and well up for a fight on top of that, it's just the nature of places like Turkey. Saying that though, I'd never turn down the chance to go a match there, would be some experience, albeit likely to be violent.

Eh I think he's the total opposite has looked very confident when I've seen him, bringing balk out of defence looking for a decent ball

I agree just think his bread & butter defending hasn't been what it should have been just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

screenshot01mp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah its a strong line up ,glad to see obertan given another run out and hopefully bebe gets decent on the pitch aswel.im a bit surprized to see scholes playing I would have thought it was a game he could be rested for.3-1 win for us tonight with berba back on the scoresheet its been too long since the pool game.

• Advertisement

Matt Cooper is some sack! Nani and Obertan arent exactly good for Manchester United. After talking about Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney not being there tonight.

Stick to the last word son, its what your good at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

think i'll watch the spurs game, keep us updated.

Obertan is a player that needs to up it - perfect opportunity here with his pace on the break.

His final ball is dire though.

****ing loud there. Stadium reminds me of a small version of the old Wembley.

Utd fans in an Avery lol??

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    im a bit surprized to see scholes playing I would have thought it was a game he could be rested for.

I'd say Scholes will be played tonight, rested at the weekend when we play Wolves and then played against City on the Wednesday.

Nani to score first tonight.

Come on United!

I really wish this was on RTE. Id love to hear Dunphy tonight. TV3 is rubbish for all sports.

I really wish this was on RTE. Id love to hear Dunphy tonight. TV3 is rubbish for all sports.
    Yep, he's a gob****e, but an entertaining gob****e.

Carrick looking good so far. That'll be down to the fact they are giving him plenty of time on the ball.

Yep, he's a gob****e, but an entertaining gob****e.

Knows his football too, Macheda at Preston, Bebo costing 7 million :D

Quiet enough game so far, well, bar the Bursa supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

bebe for a hat trick!

deisedevil wrote: »
    Carrick looking good so far. That'll be down to the fact they are giving him plenty of time on the ball.

I can see Evra utilizing that left flank tonight too

I said it before and I'll say again, Vidic is so clever when it comes to that type of defending, the way he was losing balance while one on one then dives infront of the ball.

Good effort from Berba. Really crisp strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bursaspor closing down well. Could have to wait until late for a couple of goals :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement