Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bursaspor v Manchester United (UCL) Matchday 4 - TV3/SKY SPORTS 3 - (2/11/10) 7.45pm

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

God damn it, dunno who to put in 3rd. So many candidates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I went

Scholes - There is nothing this man can't do!

Smalling - Getting better every game, very relaxed on the ball, I thought he was better than Vidic tonight and it hurts me to say it considering my username!

Carrick - Played well in last two games, Nice pass for the Fletch's goal, cut out a lot of play tonight and happy with his performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

NickDrake wrote: »
    So it is now SEVEN games without a goal with Berbatov. He shocking tonight. No interest . Lazy and slow.

It now looks like he is back to his old self.

However is he immune from criticism because of his good start to the season? It seems he is to many on here.

To me it reeks unprofessionalism to have gone back to his old self.
    Have you even read the thread?

A lot of people have lambasted him tonight for his attitude and this game.

He hasn't scored in seven games, but that doesn't mean he's had seven bad games.

Need someone new to pick on cause Carrick had a decent game?

Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Manc-Red wrote: »
    I'd love to see that guy put our colors on

You and ever other Manutd Fan. Bale and two top midfielders in the summer would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ben Shepard on Sky Sports calling it as it is.
    Scholes, the quarter back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Went with scholes rafa and obertan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Vanbis wrote: »
    You and ever other Manutd Fan. Bale and two top midfielders in the summer would be perfect.

I'm sure one of the Blue Money will have something to say about that though.

I'm sure one of the Blue Money will have something to say about that though.

Meh, that bubble is about to burst. I'd put money on him choosing Manutd over City. I know he rejected Manutd beofre but that was probably down to getting more of chance at Spurs.

Looking forward to watching the highlights of Manutd, Bebe seems to have a very good game along with Obertan.

Meh, that bubble is about to burst. I'd put money on him choosing Manutd over City. I know he rejected Manutd beofre but that was probably down to getting more of chance at Spurs.

Looking forward to watching the highlights of Manutd, Bebe seems to have a very good game along with Obertan.

Keep an eye on Carrick - solid throughout and Smalling too.

Berba looked pished off up on his own and let it get to him a little.

Other than that the second half was probably (for me) - the best we've seen from Utd this season.

Keep an eye on Carrick - solid throughout and Smalling too.

Berba looked pished off up on his own and let it get to him a little.

Other than that the second half was probably (for me) - the best we've seen from Utd this season.

Haha, Carrick playing well and Bera looking pished, same old story with him.

It's great to see the team playing well and getting a good run of results. Fergie is using his squad well, giving Obertan, Smalling and Bebe a chance. We have a few tough games coming up so confidence hopefully should be high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd love to see that guy put our colors on

He'll never come to us now. Doubt he would fancy getting raped by Rafael every day in training!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

s_carnage wrote: »
    He'll never come to us now. Doubt he would fancy getting raped by Rafael every day in training!!

Well, if ya can't beat them, join them!

s_carnage wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My MOTM;

Scholes - What can you say? The little man is a genius, rarely does wrong, just one of the best passers and footballing visionaries I've ever seen play, makes thing comfortable for the midfield and never made a wrong move going forward. **** Ronaldo, Paul Scholes MVP.
    Smalling - My goodness, has he come strong fast. Just so solid, calm and strong at the back, and a great passer at that, did everything 100% today fair play to him. Starting to look like a bargain, appears to have all the ingredients Rio had in his prime. Will be first choice centre back sooner rather than later, this kid has it.
    Vidic - Solid as a rock, Bursa never really looked threatening thanks to him and Smalling of course, good captain too, strong today, makes great defending look effortless and is clever as ****!

Could've picked 2/3 other lads who would deserve it, but I feel these deserve it more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Have you even read the thread?

A lot of people have lambasted him tonight for his attitude and this game.

He hasn't scored in seven games, but that doesn't mean he's had seven bad games.

Need someone new to pick on cause Carrick had a decent game?

Laughable.

Ah for god sake Doc give it a rest. You just said a lot of people were picking on him so why are you having a go at me??

He has played bad in most of those 7 games. No goals in 7 games is not good enough for a striker.

Carrick had a good game, about time but he has to do it all season. One game does NOT make a season.

Bebe was brilliant when he came on. The difference in attitude to Berb was huge.

Ah for god sake Doc give it a rest. You just said a lot of people were picking on him so why are you having a go at me??

He has played bad in most of those 7 games. No goals in 7 games is not good enough for a striker.

Carrick had a good game, about time but he has to do it all season. One game does NOT make a season.

Bebe was brilliant when he came on. The difference in attitude to Berb was huge.
    I wasn't having a go at you for saying he had a bad game, I was just stating that you were wrong when you said that people weren't stating that because he had a good start, most people here tonight said he had a bad game, and were lambasting him for it.

Regards to carrick, he has had 3-4 good games in a row now, he is doing well since coming back from his injury, which kept him out at the start of the season.

If he continues showing a bad attitude for the season, i'm sure if Manutd got a good offer Fergie would say yes. He won't stand for it, never has in 24yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Berbatov doesnt give 100% every game. Lazy,with a bad attitude. I dont mind seeing a player have a bad game occasionally...if he trys his best. which berbatov simply doesnt.
    His attitude stinks tbh.

If he continues showing a bad attitude for the season, i'm sure if Manutd got a good offer Fergie would say yes. He won't stand for it, never has in 24yrs.

Hopefully as it has been a bad attitude for 2 seasons now and looks like after a great first few games it is well and truely back.

With Rooney out he has his chance and he is not the one taking it. It is the legend Hernandez. The difference in professionalism and attitude between them is astonishing.

• Advertisement

I dont mind seeing a player have a bad game occasionally...if he trys his best. which berbatov simply doesnt.
    His attitude stinks tbh.

And i think that is one reason i have never liked and never will like Berbatov even after he scored 3 against L'pool, attitude and always throwing his arms around as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

And i think that is one reason i have never liked and never will like Berbatov even after he scored 3 against L'pool, attitude and always throwing his arms around as well.

he did that for us as well , but the bloke is a football genius

BERBA wrote: »
    he did that for us as well , but the bloke is a football genius
    He scored a hat trick against liverpool for ye?

Must have missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He scored a hat trick against liverpool for ye?

Must have missed that.

nah he won us a cup final at wembley:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Imo spurs and this game were the only poor games from berbatov.

No goals, yeah, but he has been key to our attacking threats in the other game imo.

Never fancy him as a lone striker, so knew he would have a poor one tonight.

Imo spurs and this game were the only poor games from berbatov.

No goals, yeah, but he has been key to our attacking threats in the other game imo.

Never fancy him as a lone striker, so knew he would have a poor one tonight.

West Brom? Sunderland (45mins) Thought he was poor in both those games. You say you knew he would have a poor one but we have just seen too many from him I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Delighted for Obertan, cracker of a goal. Smalling is making very steady progress in his United career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Lovin' the tag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

MOTM
    Scholes- Man if only he could leave his right leg at Old Trafford when he retires.
    Smalling-OK he is not gonna start against Chelsea anytime soon BUT he is turning into some signing.
    Vidic- What can you say about him except he simply gives his all week in week out.

Berbatov can't play as a lone striker, he got frustrated tonight as a result. Still a class act in general though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Berbaflop has to be the most infuriating player to watch. He's not a class act he's lazy. He has more talent in his little toe than most players will ever have but refuses to push himself to the point where he'd break a sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Berbaflop has to be the most infuriating player to watch. He's not a class act he's lazy. He has more talent in his little toe than most players will ever have but refuses to push himself to the point where he'd break a sweat.
    Um we'll buy him back how much?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also I would love if the Old Trafford was rocking like that every match day but no the stewarts say sit down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Um we'll buy him back how much?:D

No you won't. Unless you give us Bale, Tom H and Modric! And 3Million. Yes 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

RasTa wrote: »
    Also I would love if the Old Trafford was rocking like that every match day but no the stewarts say sit down.

It really is infuriating when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RasTa wrote: »

Old trafford past 8 years or so is a long way away from rocking like that consistently unfortunately

lordgoat wrote: »
    No you won't. Unless you give us Bale, Tom H and Modric! And 3Million. Yes 3...
    :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anyone know if i can watch highlights of the match anywhere tonight? not sky :(

saw the first 30 minutes and missed the rest

kryogen wrote: »
    Anyone know if i can watch highlights of the match anywhere tonight? not sky :(

saw the first 30 minutes and missed the rest
    Actually to add to this does anyone know where I can watch the post match analysis from rte I missed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Actually to add to this does anyone know where I can watch the post match analysis from rte I missed it?
    Was on TV3 tonight, mate.

Nailz wrote: »
    Was on TV3 tonight, mate.
    Cheers bit of a Duh moment there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Links:-- http://www.101greatgoals.com/fletcher-obertan-bebe-on-target-as-manchester-united-win-3-0-at-bursaspor/71517/

• Advertisement

MOTM results for the Bursaspor game.

United Fan MOTM.

1. Scholes.
    2. Obertan
    3. Smalling.

Non United Fan MOTM (only 1 Vote).

1. Carrick
    2. Vidic
    3. Rafael

Overall MOTM

1. Scholes
    2. Obertan
    3. Carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i forgot to vote on this, though i missed most of it.

heard smalling was very impressive though and for what i saw, so was carrick.

i forgot to vote on this, though i missed most of it.

heard smalling was very impressive though and for what i saw, so was carrick.

Yeah - Smalling looked very assured in defending and very comfortable bringing the ball forward too - I think he has been an excellent signing, very impressed so far.

Carrick had a good game too - lost the ball a couple of times, but in general his passing was very good and he got into great positions defensively and made some very good tackles, very encouraging, hope he can keep on going - signs of him getting back to the type of form we need to see from him.

Went Scholes, Obertan, Carrick as my picks, Smalling was very close with Carrick for 3rd. Though Park did very well when he came on too.

Advertisement