If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers required

Options
  • 01-11-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I am looking for bookshelf speakers, around €150 euro. I have a Nad 304, with Maranz CD 67 and Cambridge Dacmagic. Used to use it with Acoursti Energy 100 floorstanders but they are too heavy to transport so need small speakers. What can you reccomend and quote delivered to Dublin. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I am looking for bookshelf speakers, around €150 euro. I have a Nad 304, with Maranz CD 67 and Cambridge Dacmagic. Used to use it with Acoursti Energy 100 floorstanders but they are too heavy to transport so need small speakers. What can you reccomend and quote delivered to Dublin. Thanks

Irish,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Nice system... ( I know it's a few years old but it is stuffed full of classics!)

With that system I would have no hesitation recommending the Boston BACS26 bookshelf speakers - these are compact bookshelf speakers and the tonal balance will match your system really well - they are not real lookers but they really do sound excellent and we have them on offer now at just £99.95/ €116.99 in terms of weight they are just under 6kg so they are (reasonably) portable...

Have a look at the full specs here:
    http://www.bostona.eu/en/loudspeakers_bookshelf_cs26.php

If you wanted something a bit richer (ie more expensive) you could look at the new Mission MX1 at £149.95 / €174.99 or if you wanted somethin significantly smaller I would go for the JBL Control Ones at £59.95 / €69.99.

Keep me posted if any of these are of interest - if we can we will do our best to assist..

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Irish,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Nice system... ( I know it's a few years old but it is stuffed full of classics!)

With that system I would have no hesitation recommending the Boston BACS26 bookshelf speakers - these are compact bookshelf speakers and the tonal balance will match your system really well - they are not real lookers but they really do sound excellent and we have them on offer now at just £99.95/ €116.99 in terms of weight they are just under 6kg so they are (reasonably) portable...

Have a look at the full specs here:
    http://www.bostona.eu/en/loudspeakers_bookshelf_cs26.php

If you wanted something a bit richer (ie more expensive) you could look at the new Mission MX1 at £149.95 / €174.99 or if you wanted somethin significantly smaller I would go for the JBL Control Ones at £59.95 / €69.99.

Keep me posted if any of these are of interest - if we can we will do our best to assist..

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for your prompt response John. My system is an oldie, but a goodie. Classic Richer Sounds Wellington Quay circa 1997. What are the Cambridge S30's like? I see that they have got good reviews. Would they compliment the system?

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt response John. My system is an oldie, but a goodie. Classic Richer Sounds Wellington Quay circa 1997. What are the Cambridge S30's like? I see that they have got good reviews. Would they compliment the system?

Thanks

Yep the S30 are nice - I am clearing my last pair at £79.95 reduced from £129.95 - they are ex-display but in good nick if you are interested - they would not be as well matched to your system as the BACS26's as thay may be a little 'bright' but they are nice speakers...

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Irish,

Just checked - we have one ex-demo pair of the Cambridge S30 left in Black in generally good nick with only slight marks (complete with grilles)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Irish,

Just checked - we have one ex-demo pair of the Cambridge S30 left in Black in generally good nick with only slight marks (complete with grilles)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks. I am keen to get them in the Oak finish. What price can you give delivered to Dublin. Thans again for the help.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I am keen to get them in the Oak finish. What price can you give delivered to Dublin. Thans again for the help.

Irish,

thanks again for the post - S30 in Oak, delivered to Dublin we can do to order at £139.95 - next delivery to us is due Friday 5th if ordered before 14.00 tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John,

I would like to take a pair of S30 in Oak, delivered to Dublin, for the price you quoted. When is the next delivery due to you?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Our next order into the warehouse goes in on Tuesday and will be with us next Friday.

If you let us know by close of business on Monday, it shouldn't be a problem to get them in for you as the warehouse have some (but not a lot) in stock.

Drop me a PM with a contact number if you would like to order a set or call us on 0044 333 900 0070.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.