Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths?

• 01-11-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I did HL maths for the JC and just about managed a C. I tried it for the 1st month in 5th year but found it 2 hard so dropped down. A week later they decide to give 25 extra points if you pass honours maths. So I'm thinking maybe I should go back up to honours and try harder? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I can't believe they let you drop after only a month tbh. The only thing is, I got an A at JC and I'm finding it tricky enough. Definitely ask them if you can, but you can't drop again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

That was a terrible decision in fairness , 5th years already have project maths a dumbed down leaving cert paper & with record numbers failing maths you should never had dropped higher level in the case that this would happen.

But honestly after only missing a month it should'nt be too much of a problem to go back to higher level, maybe get 2 or 3 grinds but that's it really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Do honours, loads of people moved back up in my school. 70 points for a D3? Brilliant stuff. Go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I can't believe they let you drop after only a month tbh. The only thing is, I got an A at JC and I'm finding it tricky enough. Definitely ask them if you can, but you can't drop again after this.

I know it was a stupid decision :( Ya see I found it really difficult so thats why I dropped down but I have a feeling they wont let me back up again. And the honours maths teacher is useless!
    That was a terrible decision in fairness , 5th years already have project maths a dumbed down leaving cert paper & with record numbers failing maths you should never had dropped higher level in the case that this would happen.

But honestly after only missing a month it should'nt be too much of a problem to go back to higher level, maybe get 2 or 3 grinds but that's it really!

Ya but is it really that easy? How much more easy is it than the old course?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Ya but is it really that easy? How much more easy is it than the old course?

Yes ,it's a much more practical course ,with a very small fail rate.
    Current 5th years will also be test dummies,meaning they will benefit from easier marking from examiners!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 schrute_farms

switch back to HL if at all possible. I wasn't very strong at Maths for JC either...I put a bit of work in during LC and came out with a B

A few grinds to get back up to speed wouldn't be a bad idea

Advertisement