Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Charged Security Deposit and not regging Direct Debit A/C

Options
  • 01-11-2010 1:09pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I've been emailing ESB for nearly 2 weeks now regarding this issue. I moved to an apartment a few months ago, with my housemates name registered under it.

We got our first bill with the security deposit to be paid on it. We paid off 200 euro, not to pay off the security deposit, but to have our account in credit for the next few bills.

I added my Direct Debit authorisation to our online ESB A/C so as to waive the security deposit, and I got an email saying that my name needed to be on the bill to do so. I had my name added to the account a few weeks ago but it still hasn't shown up on our account details. Now we've recieved the next bill with 238 euro. It's just gotten messy now what with the 300 euro deposit still there along with our credit paid off.

I went to double check our account settings there this morning, and one name is still regged on the account, and the Direct Debit has been wiped off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Cherryghost,

If you would like to pm me your account number I will look into this matter for you.

When customers log into their online account, only the first name will show up on the account. However all correspondence and billing should issue in both names.

The security deposit is automatically removed from your account when you activate a direct debit. When you set up your direct debit online, it can take up to 3 working days for it to be activated on your account. If you would like to pm me your account number I can check your account for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Advertisement