Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Suck

Options
  • 01-11-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of how high the water levels are currently on the Suck. Last year when I was over pike fishing, very few spots were fishable due to flooding. I usually fish Ballyforan, Dunamon, Blacks, Stonehams, Athleague.
    Last year the platforms at Dunamon and Blacks were completely under water.
    I am supposed to be coming over on Friday if anyone could give me an idea of what conditions are like (and how it's fishing) I would be most grateful.
    Any suggestion of places to fish if the water levels rise would also be apreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Nice to see a thread about my local river :D. I was down in Donamon last week and the water level at the decking wasn't bad. Could have changed since then. The week before that I caught a jack pike down near at the decking. But no... Donamon doesn't seem to be fishing well and Blacks lake is very well known but all I've managed to get in that lake was one measly roach. I've been there on a few occasions and tried static deadbait, wobbled deadbait, lures. Ballyforan is ment to be excellent but I've never got the chance to fish it. Tell me how you get on as I'd love to go down myself one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peter74

Fished competition there yesterday. Water level was very high. Only 3 pikes caught. I think it will not improve soon due to coming rain in next days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

peter74 wrote: »
    Fished competition there yesterday. Water level was very high. Only 3 pikes caught. I think it will not improve soon due to coming rain in next days.
    What part of the Suck was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peter74

Ballyforan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

river in ballyforan and athleague is totally unfishable. river is in full winter flood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

Ballyforan still unfishable ,18-11-10

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

big change coming in the weather, getting cold and dry, rivers and lakes should drop fast,

meteireann

Sunday will be cold and bright with sunny spells and light northeasterly breezes. Showers will develop along east and northeast coasts on Sunday night, some falling as hail. It will be a cold night with a widespread sharp or severe frost. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week will be very cold days with daytime temperatures ranging from about 4 to 7 degrees. The nights will be very cold also with widespread sharp or severe frosts. Many areas will be dry with good sunshine. However showers will develop near north and east coasts. These will turn wintry as the week goes on, falling as sleet and possibly as snow on hills and mountains, especially at night.

sounds like piking weather to me!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Advertisement