Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3- Score Challenges! Ver. 3.0.1

Options
  • 01-11-2010 1:35pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think it is time we once more entered the ring of rock and roll battle!

Usual rules apply. Song goes up here, you get a week to reply with your score. I'll then post up the winner. Please don't feel you can't enter because you're playing on a lower difficultly, this is only a bit of craic.

Now, I know you can check everyone's scores from the Leaderboards these days, but I trust you wont try to cheat :P To make things slightly less awkward, you only need to post up your score in spoiler tags spoiler.gif. That's all we need.

I'd also like to try out the new setlist mechanics, but we can leave that til later.

So! First song. We're going to stay on Guitar atm, cause everyone has one of those, and we're gonna go with a GH2 classic. No, not freebird, but!

This week's SCORE challenge
    Beast and the Harlot- Avenged Sevenfold

So, get cracking! (sig incoming)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You know I was thinking about this earlier when making setlists you can actually issue the challenge in game I think to everyone on your friends list. I haven't had time to play with it or test it yet though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was also thinking of using my UK account to add all the people on the 360 player list only and then people could use that to both add all the Irish players and for me to send out the challenge to everyone.

I think Mr. E did something similar for the boards gamers group

There's also a similar thing in the fighting game forum too. :)

Setlist is up, I even made an awesome little logo :D

• Advertisement

Ah logo looks well lad, unlike my score which doesn't look so well ..... for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah logo looks well lad, unlike my score which doesn't look so well ..... for now.

I don't do well on this song either!
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Setlist is up, I even made an awesome little logo :D

How do I enter?

I expect to do terribly. I find my ability to alt-strum in RB3 has left me. Maybe I haven't got the calibration spot-on, maybe I'm just crap at it now.

Yeah, my alt strumming is failing hard too, certainly wont be submitting my current score! I was able to 99% this in GH2, I expect about 97% for my final score here, although they have made the solo A LOT harder. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

120,069 - Expert

My hand hurts now... :(

120,069 - Expert

My hand hurts now... :(

You need to change your username now to ParalysedHand :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

107,689 on Hard,
    song gets 1 lighter out of 5 for review.

It's a fun track, even if I do hate the band itself. I prefered the cover on GH2, at least that was almost a piss take. :P

This is the thread of the day?! Random selection ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

This is the thread of the day?! Random selection ftw.

pretty sure it aint been updated since yesterday as this thread and the "post of the day" were the same yesterday!!

It's cause it's such an amazing thread! Got 96% in this last night, am going to push myself to hit 98 I think...

It's cause it's such an amazing thread! Got 96% in this last night, am going to push myself to hit 98 I think...

/ Grumbles something about flaking on the solo and failing out earlier then rage quitting the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I gave this a go, but I really suck. I keep breaking my stream during the sections with quick strumming, and then the solo kicks my arse in all sorts of directions. Ah well, it was fun trying. :p

You don't have to submit a score on expert. E/M/H/X are all fine :)

I feel good about this. I used my drums to calibrate the game earlier, and my score shot up by about 50k
    Expert, 96%, 228,514
    . That shouldn't be tough to beat, but I'm not pushed. It's hard not to play Keys.

Onion, great logo btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I tried it earlier, and recalled what a horrendous song it was. How do you check the leaderboards for the boards setlist?

• Advertisement

I tried it earlier, and recalled what a horrendous song it was. How do you check the leaderboards for the boards setlist?

I don't think you can. Actually, thinking about it, you could check the leaderboard for the song, then check your friends leaderboard within that!! That would require you to be friends with the competition though.

Calex, Onion... where are your scores? Only 3 people submitted a score :(

Also, can I pick this weeks score challenge? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i managed about 85k or something, disappointed with myself :(

Calex, Onion... where are your scores? Only 3 people submitted a score :(

Also, can I pick this weeks score challenge? ;)

Ah I've been having a nightmare of a day , computer is belly up.

Might not be posting much for a few days, so here is mine

Back online .....one new hard drive later :mad:

Last chance to post a score before I shame those who haven't posted and check my game for the scores and post for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'll post my medium (yeah yeah, I know!:o) score in a minute. Right after I fire it up for "one quick go" on blue monday

Absolutely terrible song imho, bordering on being the worst of the bunch!
    Beast and the Harlot - Medium guitar - 114,765

I can def. do at least 10k points better than this, but I just amn't in the zone atm. Expert

I can def. do at least 10k points better than this, but I just amn't in the zone atm. Expert

Solo that gets me, other than that it's not a hard song, you just need to nail the overdrive sections and not break combo during the main riff.

Obviously from my score I didn't succeed there :p

Now back to fallout : New Vegas (aka gamer crack cocaine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i put this back on last night and managed to up my score by 50k to 137k, was well pleased with myself! i'm finding my calibration just never seems right on the money any more though :( any tips?

• Advertisement

If you're consistently finding it bad, perhaps use an old CRT that may be lying around the house?

Advertisement