Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealers targeting "professionals" with "Snow Blow"..Jesus Wept!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

derfderf wrote: »
    You really love her don't you Degsy?
    I meant to ask you on the last thread, did you register on politics.ie just to join their discussion on Alison? If you did I tip my hat to you. That's commitment to the cause.

Hey Alison!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I tried to figure out what to say in regards to this article...im lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Apartment owners in the Hanover Street area in the Dublin Docklands were the target of "snow blow" drug dealers last week who strategically placed a free sample of the drug at front doors late one night to attract a new breed of addicts.
    Love it for all the wrong reasons. I was under the impression that young professionals were a new 'breed of addicts' in the late 90s when cocaine became rampant. A bit late on the uptake there Alison.

Would the strong wind constantly blowing abruptly around Hanover Quay not just blow the sample drugs away from their doorsteps?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anyone got a pic of this pleb.

Can't pinpoint her on Google.
    Her writing is bad enough, we don't need to worry what she looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hey Alison!

??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Chris Rock has a good bit about this. The notion of the aggressive drug dealer pushing drugs onto innocent citizens is bull****. Dealers don't need to sell drugs. Drugs sell themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Silly woman, everyone knows that this drug is actually called 'Cake', and the health benefits that she just briefly skims over is that it actually affects the Shatners Bassoon area of your brain and gives you Czech neck.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Silly woman, everyone knows that this drug is actually called 'Cake', and the health benefits that she just briefly skims over is that it actually affects the Shatners Bassoon area of your brain and gives you Czech neck.

:rolleyes:

That's just nonce-sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

flyton5 wrote: »
    Who decides to hoof some random powder up their nose that they found on their doorstep?? :confused:

whats the difference , if you go to a dealer you arent getting a nicely sealed
    bag with "COCAINE" stamped on it are you ?

anyway a "no junk mail" sign will stop this sort of thing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Easily fixed with a 'no junkie mail sign'

Dadumtish: JINKS NO COME BACKS!!!

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

That's just nonce-sense!

Tell that to the family of the young girl who cried all the water out of her body !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Does this Mel MacGiobun actually exist? Google only brought up other links to this article on different websites and no links to the NICDTF website when I searched his name. Also, if Hanover Street is where she lives (I think that was mentioned in past articles) and she's just stated that drug dealers are hanging around the area, hasn't she just driven the value of her apartment even lower?

Small update; googling Mel MacGiobun and NICDTF only brings up my post, nothing else. Either Alison spelt the name wrong (very possible) or they are another made up person (even more possible). Not surprised at her making up names and quotes but she should know better than to connect fake names to real organisations. If anyone else finds out that this MacGiobun person is real please post up the info, but atm I'm calling this another imaginary friend of Alison's.

Small update; googling Mel MacGiobun and NICDTF only brings up my post, nothing else. Either Alison spelt the name wrong (very possible) or they are another made up person (even more possible). Not surprised at her making up names and quotes but she should know better than to connect fake names to real organisations. If anyone else finds out that this MacGiobun person is real please post up the info, but atm I'm calling this another imaginary friend of Alison's.

Is it possible to contact the organisation in question and find out if this person exists/is associated with the organisation?

I'm tempted to ring up the contact number on their website and ask
    Cant CP but
    http://www.nicdtf.ie/

Aha!

Updated presentation, Mel Mac Giobuin, NICDTF "Not For Human Consumption"

http://www.nicdtf.ie/RESOURCES/RESOURCES/PUBLICATIONS.html
    and

North Inner City
    Maureen O’Sullivan
    39 Fairfield Avenue
    East Wall
    Dublin 3

(All correspondence to be sent to Co-ordinator, Mel MacGiobuin)
    http://www.dnedrugstaskforce.ie/contact.asp?id=6&cid=121

This page,
    http://www.nicdtf.ie/ABOUT_NICDTF/ABOUT_NICDTF/MEMBERS.html

he's listed down the bottom as a co-ordinator. That's disappointing that he actually exists.

edit: Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I love the way she mentions "acute health problems" and doesn't elaborate further. Surely with this scaremongering sh1t the least she could do is back herself up with easily obtained hard facts. Very sloppy work.

She also states that it has been "proven" to cause acute problems yet again doesn't give any further info. Probably because it's made up.

Is the Independent becoming Irelands answer to the Daily Mail?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    She also states that it has been "proven" to cause acute problems yet again doesn't give any further info. Probably because it's made up.

Is the Independent becoming Irelands answer to the Daily Mail?

Nope!

That happened a LONG time ago!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This page,
    http://www.nicdtf.ie/ABOUT_NICDTF/ABOUT_NICDTF/MEMBERS.html

he's listed down the bottom as a co-ordinator. That's disappointing that he actually exists.

edit: Snap

Lol yes indeed I'm very surprised she actually interviewed someone for her article this time.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Aha!

Updated presentation, Mel Mac Giobuin, NICDTF "Not For Human Consumption"

http://www.nicdtf.ie/RESOURCES/RESOURCES/PUBLICATIONS.html
    and

http://www.dnedrugstaskforce.ie/contact.asp?id=6&cid=121

Ah so she did spell his name wrong. That explains it. I knew she couldn't have gotten it all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Hang on.

Just one second.

There's someone just giving out drugs?

For free?

Seriously?

For free?

And anyway, if you huff random powders you find, you deserve what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Anyone got her email handy? I might send her some bull**** and see will she print it. Something along the lines of being a dealer and wanting to give my side of the story. I'll turn up dressed as Huggy Bear and see does she do the interview anyway.

flyton5 wrote: »
    Anyone got her email handy? I might send her some bull**** and see will she print it. Something along the lines of being a dealer and wanting to give my side of the story. I'll turn up dressed as Huggy Bear and see does she do the interview anyway.

I REALLY hope you're not joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm tempted to ring up the contact number on their website and ask
    Cant CP but
    http://www.nicdtf.ie/

A similar story a couple of weeks ago by Cormac Byrne in the Herald with some quotes from MacGiobun. Maybe Alison's investigation involved reading an article in an old newspaper. Great work if you can get it.
    Dealers are handing out free samples to get a new breed of addicts hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Alison O' Riordan

or so an Indo liar?

dvpower wrote: »
    A similar story a couple of weeks ago by Cormac Byrne in the Herald with some quotes from MacGiobun. Maybe Alison's investigation involved reading an article in an old newspaper. Great work if you can get it.

FFS how does she get away with such blatant plagarism? Whole paragraphs lifted word for word, while any useful info in the Herald article is dropped. Looks like the only thing she contributed was her made up bull**** about drugs being left in Hanover Street. What an abolute idiot.

FFS how does she get away with such blatant plagarism? Whole paragraphs lifted word for word, while any useful info in the Herald article is dropped. Looks like the only thing she contributed was her made up bull**** about drugs being left in Hanover Street. What an abolute idiot.

Anyone wanna report this plagarism?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Remember everybody, when you use up your free drugs, wash out the baggy and leave it on your doorstep so the drugman can collect it when he leaves tomorrows fresh delivery.

Its up to all of us to recycle responsibly.

Who do you report it to though?

I won't from my work email, but I will bang an email to the Indo tonight.
    Who should it be addressed to I wonder

"letter to the sindo editor"?
    http://www.independent.ie/service/contact-us-24070.html
    or:

Enquiries: info@independent.ie ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

dvpower wrote: »
    She didn't even read the article correctly :rolleyes: It said they were handing out samples of sleeping tablets, not something that has trebled in price :rolleyes:

And then she tries to link her gaf in hanover street with professionals :rolleyes: absolute imbecile, I'd expect that shyte in the sun or the mirror.

Advertisement