Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealers targeting "professionals" with "Snow Blow"..Jesus Wept!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

just checked now and there's f*ck all outside my door and i live closeby,the feckers,where do i complain about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

heavyballs wrote: »
    just checked now and there's f*ck all outside my door and i live closeby,the feckers,where do i complain about this?

It might have been blown away by a chill wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Has anyone figured out how she got this job yet?

Is her Daddy an editor or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

funk-you wrote: »
    What a load of me hoop. This is along the same lines of the crap we were told when we were kids about dealers soaking strickers in drugs and running up and sticking them to you so you'd be addicted. What a load of shite.

Wait, you were told that too?

FFS, I'd eventually convinced myself that I'd dreamt being told that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This post from Dvpower didnt get enough attention:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68790618&postcount=56

Im writing to the editor tomorrow about it and the press ombudsman 2 weeks after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Nice too see the doorstep magazine people are branching out into new business models.
    Who knows but next week we could be reading about samples of dangerous new drugs samples known as Daz and Ariel being left at the doors of "young professionals" and how a friend of Alison who had taken them began to foam at the mouth and blow bubbles through their nose. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

why is this girl still alive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh Just saw this now, well look who it is wrote it, my fav young Journalist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Augmerson wrote: »
    The Indo is a laughable rag at best.

That "laughable" rag is the largest selling daily news paper in the country.

I'm Iguana's partner, and I have , I think, more than a passing understanding of the journalist burden of proof (I've seen shattered glass like twice, and nearly watched the 5th series of the Wire like three times!)

No seriously I've spent a few years working in TV News (Al Jazeera to, ahem, Sky News) and frankly if someone tried to attempt to file this kind of story, they would get get concussion from getting slapped out of the building.

If the posters from AH can spot the levels of inconsistency, and stupidity in this story, what does it say about the editing of this paper on other matters if this shít eludes them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

I believe Alison is pioneering a new form of journalism called ''Anti-Journalism’’

The basic tenets of Anti-Journalism are:

1. Factual accuracy didn't happen.
    2. Objectivity is for apples in a bowl.
    3. Witnesses can be imaginary, like their quotes.
    4. Gammar and spelling are subjective.
    5. Research takes too long.
    6. Plagarism isn't plagarism if you close you eyes when typing.

Any more?

phasers wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how she got this job yet?

Is her Daddy an editor or something?

Her Granddad owned(still owns?) The Savoy cinema and probably a load of other shít. So I would say she's well connected.

If these are the spelling, grammar and basic english mistakes that we see, I wonder how bad they are before they go through the editor...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

iguana wrote: »
    :D

Well this is the one my husband sent about the most recent article, just in case anyone wants inspiration. It's CopyLeft;)

Way better than mine!
    Awesome I'll send one also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Hey pop-pickers! This one goes out to the narcissistic Oompa Loompa with the macbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I believe Alison is pioneering a new form of journalism called ''Anti-Journalism’’

Any more?

7. Don't seek out a story. Just wait until one is quite literally dropped on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

bonerm wrote: »
    7. Don't seek out a story. Just wait until one is quite literally dropped on your doorstep.

I really don't think anything has been literally dropped on her doorstep.

I'd love to hear what their answers are to this nonsense, if they even DO answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Any more?

If this wasn't deliberate, the ironing is delicious.

Maybe she read it in the other paper, and memorised it word for word, and then when she was stuck for a story, remembered it, and thought it was her own work?

Maybe?

You know how you think of a deadly invention that everyone would want, and then you realise most people have an iPod already, and Steve Jobs wouldn't appreciate you calling your portable multimedia device a Podi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Another problem with her apartment.
    Jesus Alison.

You know how you think of a deadly invention that everyone would want, and then you realise most people have an iPod already, and Steve Jobs wouldn't appreciate you calling your portable multimedia device a Podi.

Oh damn, don't let David Fincher hear about Alison in this case............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

This girl is obviously a complete retard and has the journalistic prowess of a turnip. However, at the end of the day, it's the people who allow her get away with these articles that should be held responsible. And to a lesser extent the people who actually buy the rag!

However, her articles are always entertaining to read, in the same way I sometimes watch 5 mins of Fair City for the comedic value of such crap acting and ridiculous plots...

• Advertisement

ebixa82 wrote: »
    This girl is obviously a complete retard and has the journalistic prowess of a turnip. However, at the end of the day, it's the people who allow her get away with these articles that should be held responsible. And to a lesser extent the people who actually buy the rag!

However, her articles are always entertaining to read, in the same way I sometimes watch 5 mins of Fair City for the comedic value of such crap acting and ridiculous plots...
    Whatever Fair City is fiction, as is her claim about some Snow Blow of a Heroine like substance, the difference is she's passing off her nonsense as facts in a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

If this wasn't deliberate, the ironing is delicious.

He also misspelled plagiarism.

consultech wrote: »
    He also misspelled plagiarism.

He obviously knew that the heads at the Indo would eventually get wind of this thread and when they see his mistakes, no doubt they will be on the phone recruiting him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

How much trouble would I get Boards in if I emailed the Indo links to all the Alison threads.

Assuming the whirlind 'journalist' hasn't already found them that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Just in case it wan't mentioned; with all the snow it could be a job for Mr Plow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Di0genes wrote: »
    Exactly.
    flyton5 wrote: »
    Who decides to hoof some random powder up their nose that they found on their doorstep?? :confused:
    It's a test: are you smart enough to live, or are we going to read about you on the Darwin Awards website? If you really are that bloody stupid, I hope the stuff gets to you before you procreate. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

How much trouble would I get Boards in if I emailed the Indo links to all the Alison threads.

None whatsoever, nothing said here is defamation.
    Assuming the whirlind 'journalist' hasn't already found them that is.

She does strike me as the type to google herself* HI ALISON....

*Well not herself as she's not into all computers with the complicated stuff so I'm sure she had some help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Di0genes wrote: »

It's still a laughable rag Di0genes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

*takes down "No Junk Mail" sign*

Yay...junkie mail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Free Snow? Balls.

Advertisement