Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealers targeting "professionals" with "Snow Blow"..Jesus Wept!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

strobe wrote: »
    Ye undershot your link by 100 pages there Rowley. Here's Ali http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727020&highlight=alison&page=158

I think it's to do with the number of posts displayed per page, mine is set to 40 posts per page so only on Page 60 of that thread for me. Anyway the Alison portion of that thread starts at Post #2367. It's pure gold after that. A sample :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think it might be Flat Earth News, by Nick Davies. Very good read; he goes into a fair bit of depth on the subject.

That is it. Thanks.

Tbh, I think even he would be astounded by this piece!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Blisterman wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. I actually complained to the Press ombudsman after I read the frankly ridiculous article.

Got a reply which basically said that since tnobody was personally affected by the article, there's nothing they can really do.

Congrats, my friend, you found another quango.

A paper tiger organisation designed to appease vague EU directives, and latterly to provide jobeens for FF associates and family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Absolute horsesh1t.

Nobody.......and i mean Nobody.......is, was or ever will be giving out free drugs in Dublin.
    You would be wrong.
    Back when I was a customer in the Oliver Bond flats in the early 90's I was regularly offered free samples of lsd, and, on 3 occasions I was offered "a bit of gear to go with the hash".

Then again, I was looking for illegal drugs, so they were obviously chancing their arms by trying to sell me other crap.
    I've never had crap dropped at my doorstep though.

iguana wrote: »
    :D

Well this is the one my husband sent about the most recent article, just in case anyone wants inspiration. It's CopyLeft;)

I am not writing to have my letter published I am writing to inform you, that I take issue with the quality of the journalism in the piece by Alison O'Riordan.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/snow-left-at-doors-to-entice-a-new-breed-of-addicts-2401378.html

Firstly considering that your paper printed a clarification about a previous article, in which journalist in question was exposed as passing off a different article as her own first hand experience, I am sceptical from the get go about her claims over this "snow blow" incident.

To wit. Why wasn't this story covered by any other national, or local media? How were the Gardai capable of quickly establishing the specific drug mephedrone? Did the journalist in question give the names of the Gardai in charge of the investigation for verification to her editor at the paper? Why does the article not include first hand quotes from residents who found the drugs and officers investigating the incident?

At best this was a poorly written piece, about a important criminal act. I am frankly suspicious about this story, and will make a complaint to the press complaints commission if I am not satisfied by your answers.

If this is not the correct avenue to speak to the editor, please can you contact me as to the correct channels. Failure to contact me within a fortnight, will result in my escalation of this complaint , to the press complaints commission, as a possible breach of a section one of the code of practices.

Regards

Kudos to Di0genes for that.

On a personal note, I would like to notify Ali and her neighbours that i will be distributing some of my home grown herbs to her and her neighbours over the next few days.

I do plan to buy some Parsley and Sage to add to the Rosemary and Thyme I already grow.
    However, I also have some Basil and a couple of other plants that I can't think of the name of right now because I huffed some powder that someone left at my door earlier. I have no idea what it was, but I have complete faith in my local drug dealers to provide me with quality products.

To the editor of the Indo, I would like a job, please.
    I've been drunk for over a year, but I can still string a semi-coherent sentence together. In spite of the poor grammar shown in this post, I do have the ability to construct a grammatically correct article.

While it may appear to you that Ms. O'Riordan researches her opinion pieces, it is quite obvious to myself and the other users of AH that her research merely consists of trawling internet forums for analogous stories which she then fluffs up to make them appear as if she has written these pieces herself.

If you're looking for a human interest piece, I have a far more interesting and less self indulgent one that Ali could ever copy and paste. Did I say "A human interest story"? I actually have hundeds, and I can quite easily provide 1,000 words on each.
    I'll also submit my pieces for half the price that Ali is asking.
    Giz a job.

• Advertisement

One thing i don't get is nobody in AH admits to reading the Sindo yet this one ends up as a major thread every week.

They have papers on the internet now, and blogs, and a thing called twitter that disseminates sh1t faster than a Massey slurry spreader.

And thank God for it.

To those who think Ali is too satirical to be true;

Two words: Barry Egan.

Some more words: A ginger sycophant who found glory in the Sindo once a week by reporting on non-entities, what they wore in provincial Dublin on a Saturday night and where they might have had their last orders.

And the cubs lapped it up. Or were too coked up to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

To those who think Ali is too satirical to be true;

Two words: Barry Egan.

Some more words: A ginger sycophant who found glory in the Sindo once a week by reporting on non-entities, what they wore in provincial Dublin on a Saturday night and where they might have had their last orders.

And the cubs lapped it up. Or were too coked up to care.
    I like your post, but I take offense at the insinuation that ginger people are inherently evil.

I'm ginger and evil, but not all gingers are evil.

Terry wrote: »
    I like your post, but I take offense at the insinuation that ginger people are inherently evil.

I'm ginger and evil, but not all gingers are evil.

Nah, but bazzer had the whole ginge and ponytail going on.

And that aside, he was and remains an utter dick, vulturing off the carcasses of other nonentities like himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Glad I found this thread. I actually complained to the Press ombudsman after I read the frankly ridiculous article.

Got a reply which basically said that since tnobody was personally affected by the article, there's nothing they can really do.

That is the most wretched piece of bull**** cop out nonsense I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Chief--- wrote: »
    Ive never heard such rubbish.

How did this make it past an editor??
    You cant see it, but im doing that hand gesture with the tongue-in-cheek...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I'd suggest that residents and owners of the apartments in Hanover St are personally affected in that the article claims that criminals are wandering around their hallways dropping toxic substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If we all complain to the ombudsman will he do anything or should we try somewhere else?
    This is genuinely bothering me since she's a regular "writer"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well if these dealers are targeting professionals than Alison shouldn't have anything to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I think this is actually the script for Bad Boys 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

latenia wrote: »
    I'd suggest that residents and owners of the apartments in Hanover St are personally affected in that the article claims that criminals are wandering around their hallways dropping toxic substances.

Yeah that's true, but I'd probably need someone from Hanover St to make the complaint.

The FAQ for making complaints to the press ombudsman says

"Do I have to be personally affected by the article or behaviour?
    Yes, you have to show that you have been personally affected by the article or behaviour in question."

The FAQ for making complaints to the press ombudsman says

"Do I have to be personally affected by the article or behaviour?
    Yes, you have to show that you have been personally affected by the article or behaviour in question."

I think you could easily contort anything to match that criteria.

'I live in Hanover st. and she is giving the place a bad name/outright lieing'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well I've already given my address, but if anyone living in the area would like to make a complaint, you might have a chance of it being taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

But it HAS personally affected THOUSANDS. Thousands who have forked over their hard earned cash to purchase a newspaper in which they expected to be presented with the facts of the day, not fantasy dross scribbled by an air-head who doesn't even have the wherewithall to plagiarise competently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

latenia wrote: »
    If it's a closed off apartment block she's more or less accused one or more of the residents of being drug dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'm sure the boards.ie hive-mind can rustle up one person on Hanover St?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Yeah this claim could potentially have a (further) negative impact on property prices in her building. Clever girl that Alison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

bluewolf wrote: »
    If we all complain to the ombudsman will he do anything or should we try somewhere else?
    This is genuinely bothering me since she's a regular "writer"

I think we should keep on at it. If they are constantly (abruptly) receiving multiple complaints about one writer who regularly passes off obvious fiction as truth they will eventually take action just to stop us irritating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

consultech wrote: »
    Yeah this claim could potentially have a (further) negative impact on property prices in her building. Clever girl that Alison.

Next week's Sindo headline: "OIL FIND UNDER HANOVER STREET".

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

oceanclub wrote: »
    Next week's Sindo headline: "OIL FIND UNDER HANOVER STREET".
    Oil companies have been targeting young inner city professionals with samples of olive oil which they leave at the doors of their homes and upmarket apartments? :)

Regards...jmcc

Not impressed with her muppetry but linking her facebook page amounts to muppetry too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Delete that link before the thread gets closed ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Does she write only one "article" per week? I wonder how much she gets for it. It wouldn't be enough to live on anyway, doubt she has another job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

iguana wrote: »
    I think we should keep on at it. If they are constantly (abruptly) receiving multiple complaints about one writer who regularly passes off obvious fiction as truth they will eventually take action just to stop us irritating them.
    To add to this, every time she plagiarises something, contact the people who she plagiarised it from and let them know. I imagine it'd be harder to ignore if they start getting 'official' complaints from content owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Blowfish wrote: »
    To add to this, every time she plagiarises something, contact the people who she plagiarised it from and let them know. I imagine it'd be harder to ignore if they start getting 'official' complaints from content owners.
    If your material can be stolen by alison, then maybe it's time to write more intelligent material!!

ps
    Barry Egan is a plagiarising bas*ard

Advertisement