Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealers targeting "professionals" with "Snow Blow"..Jesus Wept!!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Photoshop winner I think its worth a repost.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68601278&postcount=2407

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Blowfish wrote: »
    To add to this, every time she plagiarises something, contact the people who she plagiarised it from and let them know. I imagine it'd be harder to ignore if they start getting 'official' complaints from content owners.
    If you want a reaction the original writers are the ones to contact as they will make an issue out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I wonder how long it'll be before she does an article detailing her disgust and anger about the online hate campaign directed toward her...a la IOD.

It'll be full of vaguely relevant quotes from other people in the public limelight who have suffered at the keystrokes of bloggers and nerds, some rhetoric directed toward the people in eircom who allow this thing to go on on the Irish internet and a link to her FB page where readers can offer support, advice and shopping tips.

Vitriol will be aimed toward such bloggers as Dexsee, a horrid little weasel of a man who for some reason also hates Bono, some lunatic from Leixlip called Terrie who threatened to call around to her flat apartment with a bag of mixed herbs and the hundreds of other cowards who hide behind their laptop screens poking fun at a young professional simply trying to pay her mortgage the only way she knows how, during this cold long unfolding winter.

All that framed with a nice contemplative pose of our heroine perched in front of a macbook on her windswept balcony looking slightly forlorn staring into the middle distance.
    You saw it here first folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Wertz wrote: »
    I wonder how long it'll be before she does an article detailing her disgust and anger about the online hate campaign directed toward her...a la IOD.

It'll be full of vaguely relevant quotes from other people in the public limelight who have suffered at the keystrokes of bloggers and nerds, some rhetoric directed toward the people in eircom who allow this thing to go on on the Irish internet and a link to her FB page where readers can offer support, advice and shopping tips.

Vitriol will be aimed toward such bloggers as Dexsee, a horrid little weasel of a man who for some reason also hates Bono, some lunatic from Leixlip called Terrie who threatened to call around to her flat apartment with a bag of mixed herbs and the hundreds of other cowards who hide behind their laptop screens poking fun at a young professional simply trying to pay her mortgage the only way she knows how, during this cold long unfolding winter.

All that framed with a nice contemplative pose of our heroine perched in front of a macbook on her windswept balcony looking slightly forlorn staring into the middle distance.
    You saw it here first folks.

A child wind blowing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone got Tony O' Reilly's email address?

Given that the editor is publishing this twerp's drivel it'd seem like he needs to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Blowfish wrote: »
    To add to this, every time she plagiarises something, contact the people who she plagiarised it from and let them know. I imagine it'd be harder to ignore if they start getting 'official' complaints from content owners.

A follow up to the whole question of her plagarism, the press ombudsman gave a seminar yesterday and I asked him if there was anything they could do about plagarism/stealing other people's work or quotes. The word plagarism isn't in the code of conduct so there's actually no rules against it and no punishment for it, so it seems Alison is free to continue as she wants in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nepotism aside of course, not that I'm suggesting that her continued presence at the Indo is anything other than a celebration of regurgitated, halfbaked, and cadged mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A follow up to the whole question of her plagarism, the press ombudsman gave a seminar yesterday and I asked him if there was anything they could do about plagarism/stealing other people's work or quotes. The word plagarism isn't in the code of conduct so there's actually no rules against it and no punishment for it, so it seems Alison is free to continue as she wants in that regard.

So that's two things where publishers fall short of the standards of a Primary school English test.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So hang on, this is the same girl who wrote her own sob story about the apartment thing?

Yes, she seems to have a habit of buying into things without checking them out properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

My favourite line in the piece.

Is it Keats ? It reminds me of Keats, or possibly Yeats. I'm not sure, I spilt marmalade on my keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

In all fairness when I left Ireland head shop drugs were of such awful quality you litreally couldnt give them away.

However this, as with most Indo pieces, is fabricated toss. Amazingly my mother regards the Indo as being a better paper than the Star, Sun etc etc even though likely a similar percentage of their articles are made up. At least with The Sun you get tits with the lies.

Advertisement