Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Informed Performance Submission Mini Leagues 2- November 27th

• 01-11-2010 1:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are holding a small tournament on Saturday November 27th. Here are the details:

http://informedperformance.com/barry/2010/11/submission-mini-leagues-saturday-november-27th/

I hope to see you all there. Due to the short notice and the massive administration difficulties of the last time out, I am not doing prepay for this tournament, instead, we will take money on the day but you may not register and pay on the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Is that the same Saturday as Cage warriors Cork and Tuff nut Nemesis in Waterford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Afraid so. Only so many weekends left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭NG-DOC

should have a good few for this barry!

fair play for putting it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 hendy

sorry if they have been up before. but what are the weights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

bags winning

• Advertisement

hendy wrote: »
    sorry if they have been up before. but what are the weights?
    All in the form my friend. All in the form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Chris89 wrote: »
    bags winning

Damn you Chris! Gonna be working during this i'm afraid:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Ive just sent you a few lads there Barry. Id advice everyone who can attend this to get there as the last one was great!!! Looking forward to it.

Thanks all who've entered so far.

Just a quick note, pay attention to the weight classes please, I used the standard ones last time out but these are the NOGI classes you're enetering which means that they're slightly lighter. Please note that as you enter.

Lots of entries so far, keep em coming folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Finian123

whats the story wif teens m8 ??
    thanks in advance

ATTENTION all teenager coaches

I am holding a teenage grappling section at the tournament. It will be for anyone aged 17 and under. Registration will be on the day of the tournament and groups will be made at the discretion and selection of all the coaches present on the day.

All TEENAGE competitors AND their coaches MUST be at the venue at 9:30am to weigh in and register.

Cost of entry to the teenage division is €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Looking forward to this and the introduction of a special weight class for me being named "malnourished".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

ATTENTION all teenager coaches

I am holding a teenage grappling section at the tournament. It will be for anyone aged 17 and under. Registration will be on the day of the tournament and groups will be made at the discretion and selection of all the coaches present on the day.

All TEENAGE competitors AND their coaches MUST be at the venue at 9:30am to weigh in and register.

Cost of entry to the teenage division is €15

Great stuff! There's never enough teenage competitions. Our teens class at SBG should have 5-10 people. What is the minimum age? 13 or higher? I suppose they'll just be matched up on the day. This is a great opportunity for the large amount of teenagers now training, all clubs with teens should try attend!

Cheers!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Looking forward to this and the introduction of a special weight class for me being named "malnourished".

Why what weight?

Why what weight?
    Ah i was 64 last night. Just a scrawny one :D

Good timing for this too. I'm only just gone 18 and will have been doing it six months by december. Would have been a bit daunting thrown in at the middle rank in say two months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Marcus.phelan

Can people just come and watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 J_K_W

I submitted an entry but didnt recieve an email confirming it.

my names James Kernan or James kernan-whiteman, cant remember which one i typed ha

thanks

Please find attached the current competitor list. If you could get you or your coaches to review and send me corrections/duplicate entries etc. that would be helpful. I'll post another one of these on Monday so everyone can check again.

Thanks and regards,

Admiral Barry

Edit: loads of odd ones there, in 6 months, and -2 years catagorys that should be bumped up, not naming names but if you browse through the list its fairly obvious!

• Advertisement

War Darragh oconaill bjj

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

Well joey,

I am a judo black belt but i stopped judo when i was 16 and i didn't really learn any submissions as the club i was in was all juniors, only enough to pass the theory for my black belt test(which isn't a lot).There is no submissions in junior judo in Ireland. Since then i've trained mma for one year and not really a lot of grappling. I've been doin bjj for 3 months. I don't mind entering the advanced though, i'l talk to liam. But in terms of learning submission based grappling it has been just over a year, although obviously a childhood of judo is a big help.

Edit: This is in response to Joeys original post. Which i had no problem in you posting either joey.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

da-bres wrote: »
    Edit: loads of odd ones there, in 6 months, and -2 years catagorys that should be bumped up, not naming names but if you browse through the list its fairly obvious!

Ha! I have no problem standing at the edge of the mat, pointing at people who shouldn't be in the novice (less than six months training) division and screaming "BANGER" at the top of my lungs.

I don't care who my guys in coolmine BJJ fight as they're all training just under 6 months (less actually) but if you're training a good bit more than six months and STILL entering novice divisions.....? You might need to work on your confidence a little....

Gorey_R wrote: »
    Well joey,

I am a judo black belt but i stopped judo when i was 16 and i didn't really learn any submissions as the club i was in was all juniors, only enough to pass the theory for my black belt test(which isn't a lot).There is no submissions in junior judo in Ireland. Since then i've trained mma for one year and not really a lot of grappling. I've been doin bjj for 3 months. I don't mind entering the advanced though, i'l talk to liam. But in terms of learning submission based grappling it has been just over a year, although obviously a childhood of judo is a big help.

Hi Richie,

You should enter the intermediate, you'd actually do quite well!!!

-Lukey

Gorey_R wrote: »
    Well joey,

Edit: This is in response to Joeys original post. Which i had no problem in you posting either joey.

Thanks for the reply Richie, changed the post because i realised there was a load of people in the 'wrong' divisions. Including one of my training partners! you would smash in advanced Richie, I've rolled with ya and I was well impressed and that was before you were even training just jits:)

Best of luck in the comp man.

lukeyjudo wrote: »
    Hi Richie,

You should enter the intermediate, you'd actually do quite well!!!

-Lukey

He is lukey, i was talking about advanced, thought Richie had been training grappling a lot longer than 2 years, I was wrong.

Awesome grappler.

He is lukey, i was talking about advanced, thought Richie had been training grappling a lot longer than 2 years, I was wrong

Ooops Sorry Richie lol I would still say fight intermediate coz thats what I would do :)
    Awesome grappler

I know sure me and Richie competed against each other a good bit as juniors ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Eh just with regards to the whole experience thing. Why is intermediuate - 2 years and advanced +3 years. I assumed was just a mistake but nobody seems to have mentioned it.

Eh just with regards to the whole experience thing. Why is intermediuate - 2 years and advanced +3 years. I assumed was just a mistake but nobody seems to have mentioned it.
    I don't know what you're talking about Paul.

• Advertisement

so can friends and family come to watch??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

I don't know what you're talking about Paul.

I think he means you've left out a year. It should be -2yrs and +2yrs, otherwise where would you fit in if you had trained just over 2yrs but had not reached 3yrs. Not that people don't understand! :D

I think he means you've left out a year. It should be -2yrs and +2yrs, otherwise where would you fit in if you had trained just over 2yrs but had not reached 3yrs. Not that people don't understand! :D
    Don't be ridiculous. Go and check on the form there it's -3yrs and +3yrs only an idiot would leave out a whole year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Don't be ridiculous. Go and check on the form there it's -3yrs and +3yrs only an idiot would leave out a whole year.
    Well played sir;)
    However if you were really smart you would have edited your pdf file too:P

Bugger

in other news...can friends and family come to watch?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

Well played sir;)
    However if you were really smart you would have edited your pdf file too:P

Ha! You had me totally second guessing myself too Barry! Hard luck, nearly pulled it off!!;)

I believe I'm now registered.

Looking forward to meeting all you pedos off the internet for the first time!!!!! My parents will love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dkdavey67

I should be in the 73.5 inter not novice.
    Dave Reddy.
    Cheers Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Marcus.phelan

Please find attached the current competitor list. If you could get you or your coaches to review and send me corrections/duplicate entries etc. that would be helpful. I'll post another one of these on Monday so everyone can check again.

Thanks and regards,

Admiral Barry

ha im the only light feather. thats kinda ****

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Still not 100% sure I'll be able to be there, should I register anyways?

And..

Do I need a trainer present for the teenage division?

• Advertisement

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Still not 100% sure I'll be able to be there, should I register anyways?
    Only if you want to be a pain in the ass.

You can register up to 6pm Friday evening.
    Do I need a trainer present for the teenage division?
    All minors must be accompanied by an adult to sign the consent form. Trainer/coach or parent/guardian.

Here is the latest competitor list. Once again please review carefully and email with any corrections.

Only if you want to be a pain in the ass.

You can register up to 6pm Friday evening.

All minors must be accompanied by an adult to sign the consent form. Trainer/coach or parent/guardian.

Here is the latest competitor list. Once again please review carefully and email with any corrections.

Cheers, Thanks very much..

Here is the latest competitor list with all requested changes now processed. please review carefully and ensure all is correct.

Weigh in and check time: 10am. The desk will be open until 10.45am and will close promptly at that stage. No check ins will be allowed after that point.

If you arrive late for the competition, you will not be allowed to enter. Please note this now as refusal can offend.

Teenager Section:
    The teenage competition will begin registering at 9.30am and will run first. Projected start time is 11am. Teenage registration costs €10

Rules meeting: 11am. We will run a short rules meeting to familiarise people with the competition format and general rules. Competitors should be familiar with the rules before entering.

Projected Start Time: 11.15am. We will start with the advanced division downstairs and the teenage division upstairs. After that divisions will be given a 10minute notice period before we begin.

DISQUALIFICATION WILL OCCUR IF YOU DO NOT MAKE THE WEIGHT DIVISION YOU SPECIFIED ON YOUR ENTRY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

J_K_W wrote: »
    in other news...can friends and family come to watch?? :D

Just to refresh this point.. injured my back yesterday, can people go just to watch?

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Just to refresh this point.. injured my back yesterday, can people go just to watch?

Yeah :D

You can come to watch but you must be aware that we are not kitted out for spectators, particularly upstairs.

Important note for all competitors and coaches

You will be disqualified if you do not make your stated weight. If you are not going to make the weight category you may alter your entry up until 6pm on Friday evening by submitting a new entry on the form and then mailing me immediately with your name. I will delete your previous entry and take your new one as the correct one.

Equally if you can no longer attend for whatever reason, please have the manners and respect for the competitors in your group to email me barry@informedperformance.com to withdraw.

Any general idea for teens weight classes? Just want to know if I should cut, I'm around 68 at the mo. There's gonna be a good few teens as far as I know from talking to other clubs. Can't wait! Going to be a great day!

Any general idea for teens weight classes? Just want to know if I should cut, I'm around 68 at the mo. There's gonna be a good few teens as far as I know from talking to other clubs. Can't wait! Going to be a great day!
    I honestly have no idea. We're organising the teens category on the morning as we put the word out very late.

Here is the latest competitor list. Please once again check through to ensure your entry and those of your students are correct. You may change your weight category up to 8pm this evening so please stand on the scales before then to make sure. If you do not make your stated weight between 10am and 10.45am tomorrow you will be disqualified.

At 8pm this evening I will withdraw the entry facility and email everyone who only has one person in their category to be fair to them. As such, please ensure your contact details are correct.

.5kg allowance?

cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement