Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Allowance- all the landlord has to do is sign the form right?

• 01-11-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just need to clarify because a lot of the threads about rent allowance are old and I think it has changed since.
    So as far as I can tell, you get your RA form filled out by your landlord and once you have applied, you get the money in your account or by cheque and it has nothing more to do with the landlord, you just pay your rent same as you always did.
    Our landlord refused to sign the form, and its not because hes not declaring the place because he offered to give us his PPS No. for rent relief. I think its that he thinks he would be getting the money from them and it would be hassle, so if I explain all he has to do is sign the form i think he'll change his mind.
    the RA form is here, and does need to be signed by the landlord. I just need to know if thats as far as it goes for him or will he be contacted by them after signing?
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/swa3.pdf

So is this the case can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

doreenl wrote: »
    I just need to clarify because a lot of the threads about rent allowance are old and I think it has changed since.
    So as far as I can tell, you get your RA form filled out by your landlord and once you have applied, you get the money in your account or by cheque and it has nothing more to do with the landlord, you just pay your rent same as you always did.
    Our landlord refused to sign the form, and its not because hes not declaring the place because he offered to give us his PPS No. for rent relief. I think its that he thinks he would be getting the money from them and it would be hassle, so if I explain all he has to do is sign the form i think he'll change his mind.
    the RA form is here, and does need to be signed by the landlord. I just need to know if thats as far as it goes for him or will he be contacted by them after signing?

Yeah, it's paid directly to you and you pay him. He just has to fill in a few lines on the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

It's not as simple as that.

You have to provide a copy of your lease and the rent must meet the requirements as set by the CWO.

For example if you are couple with a child in Carlow, the max rent allowance is 600 oer month - if the rent is anymore than that then you will not get the allowance.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement

You can check the rates above - if your rent is higher then this mught explain his reluctance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement

It's not that simple - you have to provide a lease and receipts for the previous 6 months payments. Your rent must also comply with the rates (see link), if your rent is above this rate then you may not qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doreenl

Thanks,
    but ya I know all that, we are entitled to it, our rent is below the rate and we just need to show our rent book and stuff when applying. I jut wasn't sure if it had anymore to do with the landlord once he signed the form.

Thanks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 luckyirish

He can have the money paid directly to him through his bank or it can come to you by means of cheque everyweek and you then pay him.

I just get mine paid straight to him through his bank by the cwo.

• Advertisement

He may get contacted he may not i have been in my rented house 2 years now and my landlord has never been contacted he just fills in the review forms that come out every 6 months to declare everything the same as when you applied.Hope this info helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i have an important question,if the land lord sign and i get the money, if it is 100 euro per week for two with baby, will i get the 600 euro even though it is 400 euro is the rent. since you say a couple and child gets 600 euro

no you will only get the rent allowance for the amount the rent is and they will make you contribute some of it yourself it will only be a small amout you have to contribute, but if your rent is only 400 a month you can only put down that it is 400.

luckyirish wrote: »
    no you will only get the rent allowance for the amount the rent is and they will make you contribute some of it yourself it will only be a small amout you have to contribute, but if your rent is only 400 a month you can only put down that it is 400.

thank you for that, as i had heard in the past that people get the larger amount and give the landlord what he has quoted,

goat2 wrote: »
    thank you for that, as i had heard in the past that people get the larger amount and give the landlord what he has quoted,

No if he puts down 400 then you will be asessed on that, you may have to pay 10 0r 20 a week yourself towards that 400 depends on your income i have to pay 24.00 a week towards my rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

No you will have to put down your correct rent on the form (€400). This means that your rent per week is €92.30. You will have to pay €24 of this rent yourself, meaning that you will get €68.30 per week in rent allowence.
    No if he puts down 400 then you will be asessed on that, you may have to pay 10 0r 20 a week yourself towards that 400 depends on your income i have to pay 24.00 a week towards my rent.

Everyone has to pay €24 themselves

by the looks of things, with the government bringing the 80 euro per month on every homeowner, it will be easier and cheaper to rent from now on, upkeeping a house is expensive stuff right now, with painting, gardening, and fixing breakdowns along with a mortgage it costs a lot, now it will become too expensive to own a house, better renting

Advertisement