Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a home for Fred

Options
  • 01-11-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

So Fred moved into my back garden about 6 months ago. When he first arrived his coat was really badly matted - so much that he had sores on his skin underneath where the fur was tearing the skin. He had holes in his skin elsewhere from a terrible mite infestation, and he had sore, bleeding ears from a bad ear mite infestation. He was also starving and would shake all over when I approached with food.

Having sorted the poor divil out, treated him, wormed him and got him neutered - he is looking pretty spectacular these days! He is also the friendliest little guy who loves, loves, loves to be stroked (but not picked up!)

I'd love to keep him, but there is one big problem with him - he hates other cats. He is attacking my 2 cats any chance he gets and at this stage I think there is no hope of them becoming friends as they are now completed terrorised by him.

Does anyone have advice on how I can find a good home for Fred where he will be an only cat, and will have outdoor & indoor access and will be properly minded?

I know I can post on rehoming sites - but how can I be sure that anyone offering to take him will really look after him? I'm worried that he would not be used to a new area and would try to come home & get lost.

If anyone has rehomed adult cats in the past & has advice, I'd be most grateful.

FRED.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Here's another pic!

Also - he has the softest fur you have ever felt in your life!

FRED2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Aaaawwwww, Fred is such a gorgeous boy!
    I have adopted a 3 yr old cat about 18months back, we kept him in for about 5 weeks(planned six but he made a break for freedom), made sure he was well settled in first and gradually let him out. First for a minute in the morning, before feeding and coaxing back in with food, then for longer periods, again coaxing in with food. Always leaving the door or window open.
    It worked well, he settled in great and loves his new doggie underlings(they warm the beds for him and go outside first to scare away monsters), and the other cat.

Best of luck finding him a new home, don't think it'll be hard with his looks.

Advertisement