Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discrimination towards people with disabilities

Options
  • 01-11-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi everyone

im doing an assignment for college called "discrimination towards people with disablities. how do u as a person feel discriminated against?? for example for me, most places are not wheelchair friendly which means i cant access some of the places where i want to, some of the nightclubs i want to go have steps and no lifts......places for employment are not accessible......tell me how it affects u guys.....i would appreciate ur help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I think you might need to make your project a little bit more specific. this isnt' the best place for such a project. Try the irish wheelchair association and survey monkey..you need a more research oriented abstract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

thanks snorlax

just thought i'd give it a shot here by gettin some feedback on how other people feel.....no harm done i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Don't forget that disability means more than just wheelchair users. You'll need to consider people with sensory disabilities, intellectual disabilities and mental health disabilities too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

i am considering other disabilities, i am just giving an example.....thanks for that xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

i have a sensory disability(profoundly deaf) so any questions ya want to ask ill be happy to answer them:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement