Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car robberies near Whitecross National School

Options
  • 01-11-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

just a warning about car robberies in the area

I was down in Julianstown a couple of Saturdays ago as a youth soccer team I am involved with was playing Laytown Utd in a match that was taking place at the pitch at the back of Whitecross National School (a very nice facility).

There was a match on before us that was running late so the school car park was full and a number of parents parked along the Laytown Road. This looked safe enough as there are a number of houses and housing estates nearby and there seemed to be plenty of cars going up and down.

However, four of the cars were broken into.

So the word of warning if playing soccer at this school:

Make sure to park in the school car park.

If its full then I'd advise to go home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If its full then I'd advise to go home!

Better advice would probably be:

Remove anything of value from view
    Remove the fascia off your cd player/head unit if possible
    Dont leave briefcases, luggage or things hiding under clothes in the car
    Remove GPS holders from windscreens and clean up the suction rings left behind
    If your car doesn't have an alarm then get one. And make sure thieves know it has one, stickers, immobiliser LED, proximity sensors.

Thieves break into cars for laptops, GPS units, Cd players, mobile phones and handbags mostly, dont give them the impression any of those things are in your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭The Rooster

draffodx wrote: »
    Better advice would probably be:

Remove anything of value from view
    Remove the fascia off your cd player/head unit if possible
    Dont leave briefcases, luggage or things hiding under clothes in the car
    Remove GPS holders from windscreens and clean up the suction rings left behind
    If your car doesn't have an alarm then get one. And make sure thieves know it has one, stickers, immobiliser LED, proximity sensors.

Thieves break into cars for laptops, GPS units, Cd players, mobile phones and handbags mostly, dont give them the impression any of those things are in your car.

Well indeed, that goes for everywhere.

In this particular area even more caution is required as this was clearly pre-planned rather than opportune.

Advertisement