Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website help

• 01-11-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, has anyone got any advice for setting up a website for a primary school?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Decide firstly what will go on it-school policies?News?History of the school?What about photos-you will probably need premission from each parent, so get this started without delay?Will you post children's work?Who will host it/What about updating it?A website needs to be current to be of any use.
    Have you considered a blog? http://askeabns.wordpress.com/ is a good example and blogs are free and easy to keep updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I would recommend using incomedia website x5 - it is known as the 5 step website - you can keep it very simple or as detailed as you wish...check out lots of Irish school websites - manuy use this software.....you can buy the software for about €60...you then have to pay for oyur domain name each year - about a tenner and your hostinf for a year - about €60 but varues greatly...best of luck..easy to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Have a look at anseo.net, loads of info there on setting up a website. There have been tons of posts on forum.educationposts.ie over the last few years on the topic too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Unless you're skilled with HTML, I would 100% recommend going with wordpress. You can then buy a domain name and have it go to your blog which removes that awkward "name.blogsite.com" URL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

nugreenan wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone got any advice for setting up a website for a primary school?
    Have a look at schoolswebsites.ie . Its not as cheap as some options but very user friendly and you get what you pay for. Price depends on how many pages you need on your site. Its much more straightforward - (tho dearer) than web X5 and you get unlimited support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

I used www.webs.com to set up our website. Very easy, quick and cheap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They can get school.scoilnet.ie from the ncte.
    Their best bet is to ring the service desk and ask about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭grinds

I would work with someone in your local area on this one. A local web designer will probably do this at a reduced price if not for free and if you need some help its great to be able to ring someone you know. Also it would be good to get the students involved in uploading some art work etc. and a local business would be great in offering help on an ongoing basis. Maybe take a look in your local paper or do a search online for web desingers in your locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stick a sign up in a college or two. If I was at home I'd do a basic one for a for a hundred or two. If you expect alot, then you'll have to pay alot, but for a basic static site you could get it for cheap.

Advertisement