Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

left4dead 2 connection problems... anyone else?

• 01-11-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Have the game for more than a year now, downloaded the DLC "the passing" and then recently when they released "The sacrifice/No Mercy"....

since they released this DLC, "the sacrifice", it seems that we can not connect to any games properly.

when we do get into a game, it either lags so badly that we have to leave, or it never gets past the loading screen and throws you back to lobby.

i have checked again and again that it's DEFINITELY NOT our UPC internet connection causing the problems.

can anyone let me know if this is a problem that they have encountered?

or is it just that there's LOADS of people playing it and blocking up the system or something like that....

very annoying

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

im geting the retrying connection to server message a lot lately its the only game i'm getting trouble with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Try setting up a game with friends, so you know the host will be based in Ireland, and see if the problems continue. I remember loading up the first L4D shortly before L4D2 was released and the only people still playing it were Americans and I couldn't get a good connection to any of the games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

There was an XBox L4D2 update patch released a few days ago, for the following issues, maybe make sure you have it?.

Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 dedicated servers

» Fixed versus servers sometimes shutting down before both teams have fully connected.
    » Fixed No Mercy door exploit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I've only recently bought the game and haven't gotten any of the DLC but alot of the time I play there is some sort of connection complication, and it is only with this game.

Advertisement