Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a new phone for me

Options
  • 01-11-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello All,

In the market for a new/second hand phone.

Basically I need a camera that makes calls so a good lens is a must.

If it had wifi, it would be a plus

Price range is around 200

I'm with Vodafone and am on pay as you go.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Your budget is too low for your expectations. There are only a couple of phones you could call cameras with phone capabillities, and they are not particularly cheap - the Samsung M8910 and Nokia N8. Soon Panasonic will have a Lumix phone also.

For your budget you will only get a decent camera. I would suggest a Samsung Jet S8000. Has a good camera and WiFi but the OS is quirky but perfectly usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

SE c902. 5MP camera, not much creative control but copes well with most conditions. Good an' cheap on the Bay, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AndrewS

Nokia N97 is coming in around that price range. Good camera, if a little grainy. Make sure you upgrade to Symbian 3 though. I had problems with apps and things staying in the RAM and freezing it up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Nokia n97 was the worst phone by nokia. Steer of it as it will end up pissing ya off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AndrewS

Nokia n97 was the worst phone by nokia. Steer of it as it will end up pissing ya off

The only issue I had with mine was that the RAM did not clear when you shut down an app which meant restarting the phone at least once a day. My brother had one too and had the same issue but nothing else. Frankly, he had more issues with the service provider failing to launch the software updates on time. Maybe we were lucky, I cant say really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

2nd hand iphone 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

AndrewS wrote: »
    The only issue I had with mine was that the RAM did not clear when you shut down an app which meant restarting the phone at least once a day. My brother had one too and had the same issue but nothing else. Frankly, he had more issues with the service provider failing to launch the software updates on time. Maybe we were lucky, I cant say really.

Ah mine was all rattling and slow. Was the biggest waste of money on a phone ever. My college mate has the N8.
    It's not as bad as it was but still laggy sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

N97=turd. Avoid.

As you would the plague.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

AndrewS wrote: »
    KillMe for Symbian closes all open programs, including the ones you can't see, in one go. Works a treat, but yeah, S60V5 sucks at closing programs when you exit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

soundsham wrote: »
    2nd hand iphone 3gs

But the camera isn't that good on the iPhone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement