Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

irish1967 wrote: »
    First morning this week I didn't have to de-ice the car. No sign of any frost at all :(

Same here today. Looks like the snow shield has been switched on :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Was a mild night last night with a max temp of 4.9c at 3.40am but did drop to 2.8c by 8.20am. Doesn't feel as cold today as yesterday. Currently its sunny Temp 4.1c, DP 2.1c, Rh 87%, Wind NW @ 8km/h Pressure 1011.7. From my own point of view i don't think we will see any snow in the Waterford area in the next week. Hope i'm wrong but will just have to wait and see ;)

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

No sign of frost here this morning , but started to freeze at 08:30 :eek:

had to remove frost from car at 09:15 ..
    Just had a hail shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very cold spell is only really starting now, even Valentia down to 5 after an overnight hign of 8.

I see Knock has reported snow at 10 A.M

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a light sleet shower. 3c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Dry,sunny,5 deg,light northerly wind

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Hail showers and 3.8

finally!!!!!!. it has started snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dry, dull and overcast in Galway City. Temp 4.6C in a light N'ly breeze.

Not a snowflake in sight but nothing new there!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Gone dangerously dark here in Tuam now, Nacho's big Mayo shower bearing down rapidly!! :cool:

Edit: Just started snowing!!!! Thanks Nacho Libre for sharing!!!

• Advertisement

Gone dangerously dark here in Tuam now, Nacho's big Mayo shower bearing down rapidly!! :cool:

Sob!! :( Not fair!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    Sob!! :( Not fair!!!:mad:

Nothing exceptional Fi so your not missing out on much! Hopefulluy this shower will make it cityside soon. :)

Fionagus, paddy1 and I did a snow dance to get our shower. you must overcome your inhibitions and do likewise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hope it's snowing when I get back to Sham Town this evening! :D

Temperature dropping very quick here, down to 1.7. No snow

Bitterly cold at the moment. Any snow that falls from now on will surely stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Hail turning to Sleet. car is reading 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

talkabout wrote: »
    Temperature dropping very quick here, down to 1.7. No snow

Have you just had rain there? Would have thought Ballybofey is getting snow with a north wind if we are

snowing again, and it's starting to stick on the grass!!!!!!

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hail still hasnt melted here and its been over 3 hours since the last shower, there hasnt been a snow shower in the past hour but whenever the next one comes along it must have a decent chance of sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The area has just got very dark here, I smell snow...

Bitterly cold at the moment. Any snow that falls from now on will surely stick.
    Interesting,
    The ground is very wet here at the moment, but if it keeps getting colder will it make the snow lie regardless if ground is wet or not?

I remember last year in letterkenny I said to my friends that the snow would not stick because the ground was very wet, but it started snowing constantly and it stuck very easy and it was snowmaggadon within 2 hours. It even suprised me. :)

No snow just yet harps, A few snow type showers but not much. Snow on the gap but more hail here so far, temperature now 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

It's sunny and clear here in the south end of Louth. Have I offended the weather deities? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

nothing to report calm clear cold 2.1c

parts of Sweden and Norway down to -30c :eek:

Pangea wrote: »
    The area has just got very dark here, I smell snow...

Same here, gotten really dark all of a sudden, street lights on already.

Edit: Just as I'm ready to click submit its started snowing again. Still not sticking but its not melting as soon as it hits the ground which is at least some progress!

Pangea wrote: »
    Interesting,
    The ground is very wet here at the moment, but if it keeps getting colder will it make the snow lie regardless if ground is wet or not?

I remember last year in letterkenny I said to my friends that the snow would not stick because the ground was very wet, but it started snowing constantly and it stuck very easy and it was snowmaggadon within 2 hours. It even suprised me. :)

yes. if the air temp drops sufficiently the snow will stick. i remember last year during our 13 hours of snow towards the end of the big freeze, it snowed very heavily for six hours, but none of it stuck on the wet ground, then come 6pm, when the snow wasn't quite as heavy, it started sticking no problem.
    lord knows how much there would have been on the ground if it had all stuck from the very beginning.

Ice on the car already ,everything frozen :eek:

A fewflakes of snow earlier now heavy rain in Galway city. Temp 2.6C in a light N'ly wind. Dp -0.9C

Edit: Now heavy sleet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Harps wrote: »
    Same here, gotten really dark all of a sudden, street lights on already.

Edit: Just as I'm ready to click submit its started snowing again. Still not sticking but its not melting as soon as it hits the ground which is at least some progress!

This makes me very, very glad of our move south. Bitter cold here in West Cork.

But at least free of snow chaos.

Advertisement