Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

Confab wrote: »
    Rumbles of thunder in D13. Convection is building, and that means snow. Damn it!

if ya dont want it i'll gladly take it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Have the couch pulled up to the bal
    cony window with the lights off...looking east over the sea. .....flashes every 15 mina or so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

my god it's snowing again. this is close to rivalling 2000 at this stage. you'd run out of superlatives to describe how epic it is. to think it's not even officially winter yet. bloody incredible. i love you snow gods. while it may sound like i'm drunk- i'm not:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

guys travelling to belfast via the m1 on Monday anyone think it should be ok to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Weird weather..... 5am thunder storm, snow! 6am rain, snow melted. 7am north easterly gale and heavy rain/hail showers. Currently rain shower and +3c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

I have never felt less like going to work! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just a light dusting of last night's snowfall has survived til morning in Galway City. Clear and crisp, temp 0.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

didnt snow much past midnight, but all frozen solid now.

bitter cold in the breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

my god it's snowing again. this is close to rivalling 2000 at this stage. you'd run out of superlatives to describe how epic it is. to think it's not even officially winter yet. bloody incredible. i love you snow gods. while it may sound like i'm drunk- i'm not:pac:

Drunk on snow!!

Light snow continuing here, about 1C.

Drunk on snow!!

Light snow continuing here, about 1C.

The best high you can have:D

temperatures are struggling to make it above zero now and there is a brisk north easterly breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thankfullly NO SNOW here in West Cork.... SO GLAD we moved from that iceberg of a house . So GLAD.

Bitter cold wind here but NO SNOW.ALLELUIA!

The best high you can have:D

temperatures are struggling to make it above zero now and there is a brisk north easterly breeze.

:rolleyes: Not at all.... Best high is freedom to move and work as usual without danger.. High on that freedom here...

Graces7 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Not at all.... Best high is freedom to move and work as usual without danger.. High on that freedom here...

fair enough. we all get our kicks in different ways:) my opinion is not endangering anyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Decent day here today, mostly sunny with a few light showers of graupel. Still freezing cold though, -2C according to google but I'd guess closer to 0C at this stage

We only got a light dusting of snow yesterday/last night but its still lying out there even with the sun shining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thankfullly NO SNOW here in West Cork.... SO GLAD we moved from that iceberg of a house . So GLAD.

Bitter cold wind here but NO SNOW.ALLELUIA!
    +1
    One of the greatest things about west Cork, among many others of course,the lack of snow! I dislike the stuff immensely!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Just gone BELOW freezing in Carlow! Either that or my sensor is acting up. However very little melting in the back garden so I presume it is close enough to the actual temp.

Love this weather!

nothing melting here either. it is truly exceptional. this cold period is going to go down in snow folklore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

2 deg,fresh northerly wind,sunny

Really intense and heavy hail here a while ago, seriously some of the heaviest I've ever seen. Some of them were the size of peas

Lots of light snow since then, not really sticking. 1 degree with light northerly wind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Harps wrote: »
    Some of them were the size of peas
    Are they not usually around that size? :confused:

• Advertisement

No? Maybe a bad example but it was definitely much bigger than the average stuff.

rebel10 wrote: »
    +1
    One of the greatest things about west Cork, among many others of course,the lack of snow! I dislike the stuff immensely!

;) it is not that I dislike it; the beauty etc, BUT for so many the cold and disruption are appalling. If it would stay on the fields! And that this dreadful cold would stop.

Ah but yes, we love West Cork immensely. Keen gardeners that we are, we are amazed at what can be grown here without greenhouses etc. And the people are kinder.

Thinking back to that awful winter in Donegal!!.

snowing again. I might need skis to get about the place at this rate:pac:.
    I mean usually it gets milder after one big day of snow, but no sign of that for several days at least. truly excellent stuff :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

A heavy amount of snowfall in the last 15 mins here in Sligo town. Don't think I have ever witnessed such an amount falling that quickly.

snow is as heavy as yesterdays at the moment. **** me i'm running out of superlatives

Is it sticking? Plenty here all day as well but its not sticking at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow is as heavy as yesterdays at the moment. **** me i'm running out of superlatives

Lucky you, nothing here, just south of you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

looks like we could be in for a lot if the raydar is correct

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

5 inches of snow on the ground here, -1.4c and dp -6.3

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Is it sticking? Plenty here all day as well but its not sticking at all

yes it's sticking.:)

Advertisement