Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Still clear here, temp has risen to -4.8C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

South side up Rahan hill direction....was nasty earlier on but the 6pm snowfall just dumped on us. I just made it up as was coming up from the town at 6.....will it snow again later????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Still snowing in Tuam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Stopped snowing here but freezing hard

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Now -3.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

My god the snow is all frozen on the roads, its a pure ice rink out there, just went out for a good slide :D, yous should try it:)
    A big flash of lightening too and rumblings of thunder in the distance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

In Derry. Side roads ice rinks. Temp -4.6c

irish1967 wrote: »
    In Derry. Side roads ice rinks. Temp -4.6c
    Cant believe you headed off for the day amidst all the warnings ya mad man :D
    Christmas in Derry for you then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

foggy. almost down to -5 thanks to the snowfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    My god the snow is all frozen on the roads, its a pure ice rink out there, just went out for a good slide :D, yous should try it:)
    A big flash of lightening too and rumblings of thunder in the distance :)

so it looks like the snow could well keeping going on and off there over the next few days. :mad: :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Snowing buckets in Dublin :D
    I may actually have to ski to work in the morn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

why isit so bright in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mary.

Such beautiful snow! It's so silent on my street the snow has blanketed all sounds, eerie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Snowing heavy here in south Dublin. Sky is very bright with a orange colour, very odd

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Huge amount of snow so far in rathfarnham south dubs.

3" at least, maybe 4".

Just incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Currently minus 2.1c now in Sligo town. The lowest we got in the BIG FREEZE of 2010 was minus 4.8c because we are beside the sea.

What I reckon of the Freeze so far is enjoy it. Snow in November is a once in 20 year event and the next time we see it I might be getting the pension. Nah, Im not that old.

Also I would reckon that though this cold spell will be at its worst until midweek and I think personally that Minus 7 or 8c will be the lowest we will get this Winter I still think that the rest of December and January will see Low temperatures and perhaps more snow.

The thing about Long Range Weather is that cold or warm temperatures can be guessed at with some degree of accuracy but snow itself is hard to predict but if I was to predict and I may be wrong, I would think that after midweek there will be no more snow till the end of December or perhaps early 2011.

This is a pretty exceptional cold spell and the East wind will last a few more days. Another thing Ive learnt lately is that when snowfall lies it really brings the nighttime minima down by a couple of degrees. e.g. it is Minus 11 in Wales at present under snow and it would be lower in Snowy Newcastle in England but the cloud cover.

Ok thats my synopsis so far. By the way Sligo didnt get much snow for the whole of the 90s but now in the last 2 years we have easily had more than that whole decade. I think snow likes recessions.... and Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-2.4c here, dropping -1c/hr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Amazing night here, never seen the place like this in the time I've lived in the town.

Was walking home from a friends place an hour ago and was just dying to take pics of everything. Amazing the number of people that are still about this time of the morning, couple of people asked me to take a picture and theres even kids out playing at half 3 in the morning, such an great atmosphere!

As for the current conditions, heavy snow & -4 degrees :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Declaring West Cork a blessedly snow free area.

The map shows all.

But bitter cold last night and the water is frozen even though we left a tap dripping.

Left a blanket on the car so that should be OK.

Keeping warm is impossible now; just not enough money for fuel.

BUT deeply glad we moved from that appalling place now in the ice of hell.

May we just say here that snow is great etc etc, IF you have the means and the health to stay warm and well? Sadly many of us do not and the cold becomes an enemy and the snow a danger to life. Personally, I have damaged joints from last winter because of that and have poor temperature control.

And there are many like this.

PLEASE, look out for neighbours in areas hit by snow? It is no use telling folk to put the heat on and don't worry about the bills; some are still way behind from last winter. Make helping part of the snow experience, please? That way everyone can enjoy the beauty. Children are especially good "ice-breakers"with old folk.

STILL glad of our move though..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

rebel10 wrote: »
    :(
    So cold my car won't start.
    Have the AA guy calling out but its darn annoying.

We put an old blanket over the car bonnet and windscreen.. Helps greatly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-5.9c here atm. 3.5 inches of snow on the ground. The new Autumn! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

snow here everything frozen and freezing fog!!!!!

white out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A light covering of snow and freezing fog in Galway City creating a wonderful, silvery landscape. :)
    Temp -2.8C with an overnight low of -3.9C.
    1008hPa - steady

• Registered Users Posts: 48 irishcarbomb2k

hi guys,

Have to travel to Tipperary this morning from Dublin, anyone know what the m50, m7 and m8 and cahir are like. Am trying to decide whether or not it is safe enough to make the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

hi guys,

Have to travel to Tipperary this morning from Dublin, anyone know what the m50, m7 and m8 and cahir are like. Am trying to decide whether or not it is safe enough to make the trip.

Dublin is a disaster man, be completely reckless and taking your live into your hands taking to the roads today. Its like an icerink out there and no grit anywhere, M50 has ice and snow on it too. Heard Naas is bad, Newbridge, Kildare town. Your choice of course but is it worth risking your neck for.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Overnight low of -8.3 and still -7.4, unbelievable. The place is covered in snow, its a lovely sight.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Declaring West Cork a blessedly snow free area.

The map shows all.

But bitter cold last night and the water is frozen even though we left a tap dripping.

Left a blanket on the car so that should be OK.

Keeping warm is impossible now; just not enough money for fuel.

BUT deeply glad we moved from that appalling place now in the ice of hell.

May we just say here that snow is great etc etc, IF you have the means and the health to stay warm and well? Sadly many of us do not and the cold becomes an enemy and the snow a danger to life. Personally, I have damaged joints from last winter because of that and have poor temperature control.

And there are many like this.

PLEASE, look out for neighbours in areas hit by snow? It is no use telling folk to put the heat on and don't worry about the bills; some are still way behind from last winter. Make helping part of the snow experience, please? That way everyone can enjoy the beauty. Children are especially good "ice-breakers"with old folk.

STILL glad of our move though..;)

Sorry you are having trouble. But remember the snow dosent last for long. we dont actually live in Siberia. We are not suffering temps of -30.
    Lots of us are behind on bills, but wouldnt be paying for broadband etc, over healthcare.

if you cant afford fuel, wouldnt you be better off selling the computer and not paying for broadband, and buying fuel instead? Especially if your health is suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What was the low in Ireland last night? -10c i thought i saw in the Cavan area?

Google says it is -9 here!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Advertisement