Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

^^^^^^^^^Looks lovely.
    Thing that irritates me though, at this time of year, is when the media announce that the whole country is covered under a blanket of snow, or that people are urged to avoid travel just because Dublin has had a few sprinkles. The rest of the country may have been untouched and enjoying dry roads, etc., but if it happens in Dub then it speaks for the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing heavy in Derry City now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crisp sunny morning, not enough raidant heat to melt any snow though, even on the roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

clear skies. -1c. an absolutely beautiful scene with the snow glistening in the arctic- looking sky! madness to think it's not even officially winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

MilanPan!c wrote: »

looks like a few of those cameras have not been updated.

Bright sunshine here,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

clear skies. -1c. an absolutely beautiful scene with the snow glistening in the arctic- looking sky! madness to think it's not even officially winter!

It's lovely alright!

Must be the first time in a very, very long time that we'll be turning the Christmas lights on in Tuam with snow around us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-2c here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

Temps are around freezing here in Castlebar sunny blue skies dont think there be to much of a thaw today.
    Wintry conditons in november I wonder what jan or feb be like:) Winter Olympics coming soon to Ireland:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still -7C in Castlederg not far from here :eek:

Google says -6 here still, didnt think that was accurate but seeing Castlederg on IWN it might not be far off

Snowing again here as well, about 5cm overnight and lots more on the way looking at raintoday. Insane weather!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

+2 deg,bright sunshine,light northerly wind,not even a hint of snow.

• Advertisement

Holy **** unbelieable snow here right now, once again the heaviest I've seen all weekend, I can barely see the end of my street! Blizzard like conditions out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

West Cork:
    +2 deg,bright sunshine,light northerly wind,not even a hint of snow
    Donegal:
    Holy **** unbelieable snow here right now, once again the heaviest I've seen all weekend

LOL at those 2 posts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

West Cork:

Donegal:

LOL at those 2 posts :p

Graces7 will be glad she moved . . :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Massive snowfall just ended here in Letterkenny....looks beautiful getting about is going to be a huge problem though:cool:

Its all frozen already so no chance of any of it melting either. -3C here now, blue skies. Beautiful out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just drove from Derry to Donegal Town. Way more snow in Derry than here.

-3 here and falling as the fog thickens . . .nearly dark already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

-1 here
    sunny all day
    very little snow melt

can see huge pink clouds, stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and cold ,-1,in Castlebar,no snow melt.Spent the late morning/early afternoon at Knock Airport(-2 throughout,Dew point -6)some amount of Snow up there!! A few cars of the road too! The drive from Castlebar to the airport(N5) was the worst ever,cars going no more that 25/30mph with good reason too-the road was very icy with compacted Snow and of course not gritted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

-2 here in North Longford. Beautiful sunset now. No snow only frost from yesterday. Off to buy some boots and leggings now;)

Now down to -4.4, fog getting thicker . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Snowing heavily here yet again (Tyrone) . -3 right now and probably only going to get worse . Didnt venture out to far today , still lots of snow on the roads and not a snow plough or gritter in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Was listening to Marianne Finucane this morn, had a guy on discussing the weather and precautions people should take.
    He said "all 32 counties are covered in snow", I look out the window and the only white stuff i see is the bird crap on our decking.:rolleyes:
    Cork hasn't seen a real glimpse of snow, being the biggest county, and possibly the most important:p, you would imagine they would know about the conditions around the country and not limit it to the view they have from RTE studios.:rolleyes:
    Same with th flood last year, hardly a mention about conditions on the 19th of November in parts outside Dublin. It was only the next day when they really realised what had really happened that day!
    As a national broadcaster, i feel its pathetic that they focus on Leinster alone. If Leinster is having a snow day then by God the rest of the country is too apparently.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

-6 at Casement at 5pm. :eek:

rebel10 wrote: »
    Was listening to Marianne Finucane this morn, had a guy on discussing the weather and precautions people should take.
    He said "all 32 counties are covered in snow", I look out the window and the only white stuff i see is the bird crap on our decking.:rolleyes:
    Cork hasn't seen a real glimpse of snow, being the biggest county, and possibly the most important:p, you would imagine they would know about the conditions around the country and not limit it to the view they have from RTE studios.:rolleyes:
    Same with th flood last year, hardly a mention about conditions on the 19th of November in parts outside Dublin. It was only the next day when they really realised what had really happened that day!
    As a national broadcaster, i feel its pathetic that they focus on Leinster alone. If Leinster is having a snow day then by God the rest of the country is too apparently.:rolleyes:

Last march there were parts of the country under feet of snow, especially high ground in the middle of the country, never even got mentioned on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 will be glad she moved . . :P

;);)

Words cannot express the relief.

Still no snow here although bitter, bitter cold that makes the ears ache. We have been at a Craft Fair today and some there report snow not too far away. But the roads are clear thankfully. Still no water but we got bottles filled while we were out.

Stay safe and warm up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Harps wrote: »
    Its all frozen already so no chance of any of it melting either. -3C here now, blue skies. Beautiful out there

how much would you say is on the ground there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Its snowing here quite heavily and we don't usually get snow, it could be snowing 4 miles inland and we wouldn't see a flake! I have to drive to work tomorrow and dreading the journey, our roads NEVER get gritted and I am nervous driving on icy roads. Temp at the moment 0c and calm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was -5 on the N17 earlier!

Advertisement