Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Howling a mighty gale here with heavy rain showers and temp +3c. Not a snow flake or frost crystal in sight. Mad weather, a few miles inland its snowing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Icy blast here and ice on the roads. All is frozen again after a respite later yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

It's snowing here in South Mayo :) Walking (carefully) the kids to school in the snow = lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy snow in Galway city :D
    Temp -1C

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Heavy snow in Athlone, a good 5-6inches now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Dry and cold here car was reading -2, strong north east wind blowing,
    can see the cloud bank to my south east.
    no school for the kids again.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Still waiting for a sign of snow to arrive here in south county Kilkenny. Very bad frost here..alot of icicles. Temperature sitting at 0 Degrees here at moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Signs of this cold snap weakening tuesday/weds as a weakening Jet stream is pushed north by the atlantic and an atlantic low pulls in southerly weather

10120700_3000.gif

10120800_3000.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Athlone this morning
    006.jpg
    005.jpg
    001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wild Bill wrote: »
    Now that's rude. November is Autumn, period. Ask the Met Office. (Let's not go on like this, eh?) :cool:

No it isn't, young person. The met office is not an authority -period. REALLY!

November is winter - period. Always has been, always will be. To all sensible people.

You want to live in a world where every speciality renames and dictates? Well, do so but do not impost ridiculous rules on the rest of us. That us cult activity and we will have no truck with it.

Oh FFS. The entire northern hemisphere sees November as Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Could you bring the November argument somewhere else please?

Sligo is 0c now. -8 around 9pm last night. Snow from Saturday still hasn't thawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

I'm in Tallaght at the moment and it 1 at the moment, it's been sleeting, raining and now snowing.. not heavy snow just tiny flakes! Anyone from Kildate clane area, is it getting bad there need to head home that way later, i'm worried the roads will be bad :(

Does anyone here drive the Dublin to Roundwood/ Laragh road in Wicklow. What are the road conditions like, is it drivable?

I have a skills course in the mountains next weekend so just getting some info on the roads before I drive out.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Heavy snow shower here in fermoy just finished , sun is out now! Looks like more snow to come.
    0.2 degrees at the mo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Oisin Meyer

when will it stop snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Its snowing heavy in Kilkenny now. Started at 9am and blast of heavy fall lasted for about 15 mins then its been on and off since then and now it is really setting in so the stick basket is full. Hot dinner is planned and tv looks good.

when will it stop snowing

Blasphemer !!! :D:D:D:D;)

Next tuesday ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I have a flight next sunday, its pretty urgent I get on that flight. Do you think I'll be okay or will the weather worsen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

+1 deg,clear blue skys,north easterly wind 3-4,snow melted on most of the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 liamg67

I am by no means an expert on weather forecasting - but is this actually possible?

Very cold overnight with widespread frost and ice. Further hail, sleet and snow showers are expected over the eastern half of Leinster and parts of east Munster and the south coast. Some heavy and thundery, with the snow fall most likely inland. Becoming mostly dry elsewhere with just the odd wintry flurry. Blustery easterly winds will persist in exposed coastal areas, but will moderate elsewhere, allowing some pockets of freezing fog in places. Lowest temperatures plus 1 to -8 degrees Celsius

I have never heard of thunder and snow at the same time. Met seem to use this many times - is it just another cop out to say we haven't a clue what the forecast should be but it maybe dry/rain/sleet/snow or indeed thunder.

I am sure expert here would be able to substantiate the snow and thunder theory.

LG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

There are have been thunder showers with the snow in the past few days. We had thunder/lightening and snow between 6 and 7 in Meath this morning.

that proof enough ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wild Bill wrote: »
    Now that's rude. November is Autumn, period. Ask the Met Office. (Let's not go on like this, eh?) :cool:

No it isn't, young person. The met office is not an authority -period. REALLY!

November is winter - period. Always has been, always will be. To all sensible people.

You want to live in a world where every speciality renames and dictates? Well, do so but do not impost ridiculous rules on the rest of us. That us cult activity and we will have no truck with it.

Hey Gracie - thanks for calling me a "young person"! Sadly, that is as inaccurate as your notion of "winter" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

OK - update Sandyford:

Snowed last night (29/30th) almost continuously; but the temp rose to +1C and accumulation was slight, being matched by a slow thaw. Continued snowing on and off all day; temp dropped below freezing around 4pm and by now (7pm) an additional 5cm have accumulated.

Roads have become very icy as the compacted slush has frozen and new snow is sticking even on salted roads.

Currently -1C, snowing and undisturbed surfaces have a snow cover of about 12cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Blue skies and extremely cold here all day, we had a few light snow showers but once again most of them are passing just north of the town. -2C at the moment.

The temperature again barely got above freezing all day, I've never seen snow stick around this long without melting. Sunday morning is the last time we've had snow yet theres still 5 inches in my garden and generally 2-3 inches everywhere. Even roofs exposed to the sun all day are still thick with snow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 liamg67

Thanks for the info on the thunder.
    Does anyone think we will get any snow in Limerick this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady snow in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cold clear dry day in Castlebar,feeling colder than the past few days in a NE wind.-2 atm.1023.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cold wind but dry in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

rathdrum, co. wicklow never seen anything like it its an accumulated foot and a half in places with the drifts, lots of places though not just one or 2 had a few scoops and walked up through it mental

Advertisement