Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Anyone any idea about road conditions tonight? Might have to drive from Sligo to Clare soon. Is there ice?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

TIA,I wouldnt rule out a few icy patches as its 2 Degrees in several locations on the Met 2100 Reports.Watch out for dense Fog also.Meanwhile it was a dry start to the day in Castlebar,clouded up with some heavy showers earlier this evening.2 Degrees atm.989.CALM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

TIA,I wouldnt rule out a few icy patches as its 2 Degrees in several locations on the Met 2100 Reports.Watch out for dense Fog also.

Good advice Oscar. Already encountered a few patches of black ice just outside of town and very dense fog patches. Watch out for more of this on the roads this evening and night guys and take your time if you are out driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Currently 1C in Galway city and the temperature is continuing to fall under clearing skies with icy patches forming on the wet roads. Just a light fog at the moment but its sure to become more dense as the night progresses. As DE said, take it easy on the roads tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wet evening here in Donegal ,stopped raining now and Im pretty sure its starting to freeze.
    No fog yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

had an hour and a half of light to moderate rain here tonight. Temp was at 3c. dropping now that skies are clearing

Heavy drops out there, think its sleet too.
    Sometimes its hard to tell if its actually sleet, the drops tonight are quite thick like snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hard frost here and no water.. Bitter cold and very still as light comes full

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

lovely crisp morning, heavy frost, snow on mountain! (see pics thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brrrrrrrrr! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Very heavy frost overnight here in Cork. Was ice on car from 8pm. Still visible (16 hrs later). Where there were puddles there are sheets of ice in my garden. Must have been a good bit below freezing I am guessing. Impressive for early November......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very heavy frost overnight here in Cork. Was ice on car from 8pm. Still visible (16 hrs later). Where there were puddles there are sheets of ice in my garden. Must have been a good bit below freezing I am guessing. Impressive for early November......

Yes indeed, im surprised there's not more talk about it - perhaps we only got it in the South. Very very early for such a widespread severe frost.
    It's past midday now and sheltered spots still have frost lying.
    I dont remember such a frost so early in the year over the last 2 decades!

Does anyone know where ground temps stand at the moment ?
    Are we below normal I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Still only just above freezing here, light thin cloud cover and currently .9c.

Its actually dropped in the past 30 minutes, car has re frozen now the sun has passed it.

0.5c now????

Cold here in Donegal, I didnt notice any frost though perhaps I slept in too late, but defintley not as bad as it is down in Mayo etc.
    http://www.midwestradio.ie/MWR/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=9615&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=52

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beautiful sunny morning in Lucan,5c.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sunny,calm,6 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Here in West Cork, every tree and blade of grass was snow white when light came today.. a beautiful sight. All outside water thick with ice. Warm sun all the day long.. and even a burst pipe here.... outside thankfully by the wee pump house. VERY impressive indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    Cold here in Donegal, I didnt notice any frost though perhaps I slept in too late, but defintley not as bad as it is down in Mayo etc.
    http://www.midwestradio.ie/MWR/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=9615&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=52

It was really bad here, I was up until about 2 in the morning and had a look outside before I went to bed, everything was covered in that crystallised ice or whatever its called, cars were all white as well

Hasn't warmed up here all day, be surprised if it went above 3 degrees all day and its all foggy outside now so much be getting back towards freezing already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry sunny day in Castlebar.Mostly Calm.A few heavy shower clouds can be seen in the far West this evening.Turning cool again with a little Fog starting to form over fields/streams.2 Degrees atm.999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dank and dismal for much of the day in Galway City. Light rain/drizzle this morning gave a total of 0.4mm. Now dry, Temp 3.1C and falling under clear skies. Calm, but no fog developing as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

very very cold, feels about 0C out, going to be a cold one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

It's a beautiful crisp evening. You can almost taste all the snow we're going to get!

0 degrees here now, light fog outside

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-1.9c nice crisp sound walking on grass already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

0c at Dublin Airport according to Met.ie. Was out there an hour ago and it was 4c so it dropped fairly quick. Light fog forming on the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Down to 0c in Lucan,no fog just yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Someones playing a joke at the NRA I think

Air Road
    M8 Mitchelstown NE Treated 0.6°C -7.8°C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Someones playing a joke at the NRA I think

Air Road
    M8 Mitchelstown NE Treated 0.6°C -7.8°C

Thats not that unusual???

Just back from a walk here in Donegal, there was a steady drizzle of sleet/ wet snow.
    Defintely wasnt rain by the way it was falling. ;)
    Be interesting to see the hills in the morning.

• Advertisement

Freezing cold here now, -3 according to the google, wouldnt be surprised if its even colder.

Really dense fog out now and everythings covered in a thick layer of frost again

Advertisement