Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A cool, calm morning in Galway city. Temp 2C with occasional light rain showers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Heavy frost last night, -2 driving into work. Now 0c and raining :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Really surprised how cold it was last night here - it got down to -2.6C at 6am, with a heavy frost covering all surfaces.

Very surprising, given my proximity to the Irish Sea here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-4.4c low last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Omg fairly big Hailstones in Galway now out of the blue sky not even dark gone really cold too:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Dry all day,some sunny spells,9 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Very dark clouds passing by in a south east direction (west Laois). Looks to be one of the very few active showers countrywide at the moment too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Had a few light sleet and hail showers earlier, first time I've seen sleet during the day this winter. The roads and pavements were really bad this morning as well, first morning it really felt like winter again

Dont think it'll be as cold as last night here, 5 degrees now but everything was already frozen by half 7 last night

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

2 deg,flat calm,there's a lot of smoke in the air here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cold -0.8c already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry bright day in Castlebar after some early morning showers.Dry and cool now,3 Degrees atm.Calm.1016.

Very mild this morning compared to yesterday -2 to + 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Cold with a stiff breeze, feels like -2
    overcast,

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Has gotten very wild in Dingle in the last 10 mins or so, still dry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

fair wind and rain here in Cork city this afternoon very dark also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Gerry howley

strong gusts here and raining heavy here now in Castlebar a raw wind to ...wrap up well if your heading out and about tonight . Not many leaves left on the trees now :D 8C Atm (hPa)1003

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

The wind is absolutely howling around the house here in Co. Limerick.

A few shrubs were broken just before it got dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

An absolutely miserable evening, the wind is howling like mad and it's raining fairly heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Very gusty this evening coming home via the M50. Gusts stronger than the 'storms' of last week. Pretty mild though,10c.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Very nasty in Cork. Driving rain and strong winds. Ive been told of at least one place flooded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cat320

The wind and rain here in cork is dreadful at the moment, I hope it calms down soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

I feel like the windows are going to blow in on top of me here, in Cork, the gusts are so strong.:eek:
    Pelting rain! Just had a fight with my wheelie bin there, it was like a scene from "A perfect Storm"!!
    What roads are flooded people?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i have to say i'd class this as stormy weather now- while the gusts aren't on par with last thursday, the mean windspeed seems to be almost as strong. The rain is rentless too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rebel10 wrote: »
    I feel like the windows are going to blow in on top of me here, in Cork, the gusts are so strong.:eek:
    Pelting rain! Just had a fight with my wheelie bin there, it was like a scene from "A perfect Storm"!!
    What roads are flooded people?

I heard sundays well road near wellington bridge was near impassable at about seven. High tide is at half one in the morning. Some amount of rain has fallen since this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A wet and windy evening in Castlebar.Strong gusty SE wind.7 Degrees atm.993.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I heard sundays well road near wellington bridge was near impassable at about seven. High tide is at half one in the morning. Some amount of rain has fallen since this afternoon.
    Thanks, suppose thats always the first spot to be flooded in the city. The wind is easing off or is that just wishful thinking?

I'd say we're getting bigger gusts tonight than we got in the storm last week and more sustained winds speeds as well i'd say. Fairly rough night in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Cool and windy in Galway City under a cloudless, winter blue sky. Temp 6.2C in a light S'ly wind. 988.2hPa

8 deg,some heavy showers so far today,light winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Fionagus wrote: »
    Cool and windy in Galway City under a cloudless, winter blue sky. Temp 6.2C in a light S'ly wind. 988.2hPa
    Totally different picture now as those showers make their way up the southwest. Strong gusts.

Advertisement