Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem and Linksys WRT160N

• 01-11-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Could anyone give me a step by step guide on setting up the Linksys WRT160N to run the wifi on my PC with a UPC modem? Like do I plug the ethernet cable into the internet port or the ethernet port on the router? Do I have to go to the UPC modem's configuration page and disable the wifi on the cisco modem?

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've actually done it with this exact router. Connect the ethernet cable into the internet port of the linksys. Go into the upc modem settings page and disable the wireless. Then you need to put it in gateway mode. To do that click here (http://192.168.100.1/GatewayMode.asp).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Brian017 wrote: »
    Could anyone give me a step by step guide on setting up the Linksys WRT160N to run the wifi on my PC with a UPC modem? Like do I plug the ethernet cable into the internet port or the ethernet port on the router? Do I have to go to the UPC modem's configuration page and disable the wifi on the cisco modem?

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

connect the upc modem to the internet port on the linksys.. what model of upc modem / router do you have becasue there was an issue with losing phone service (if you subscribe?) when putting the upc router into bridge mode

Advertisement