Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your all time top 5 halo maps.

Options
  • 01-11-2010 5:02pm

So what are the best maps of the halo series and why?

I personally love midsize slayer maps best of all, so mine are kinda biased in that direction:

1-Ascension/Pinnacle. I always loved the gameplay on this map and I actually think the new abilities in the reach version of it might have slightly improved the tactics a bit again.

2-Lockout. Just an all time classic map. Amazing for slayer. Blackout remake was good but not as good for some reason. I think the weapon balance and equipment in H3 threw it off a bit.

3-Last resort/Zanzibar- excellent all round for so many different types of team and FFA games. Wish it could be forged properly on forge world.

4-The pit-Perfect team control slayer map with fantastic gameplay.

5-Battle creek/beaver creek. Loads of other maps could have made it into the last spot, but I love this map because there's almost nowhere to hide. If you haven't got the skills you're going down.

Other honourable mentions: guardian, avalanche, colossus, midship, and a couple of sweet firefight maps like overlook or lost platoon are all a blast to play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have not really played Halo or Halo 2 so my choices are from Halo 3.

The Pit: First map I played online so I think thats part of the reason why I enjoy it so much. Good team map with good sniping positions. Also one of the most satisfying things is killing someone with a plasma grenade just as they race around the corner in the race for the invisibility power up.

Guardian: All roads lead to the middle. Good for some free for all or to just sit back and pick everyone off while they battle it out in the centre of the map.

Valhalla: Another good team map which leads to some good battles for control of the centre hill.

Construct: Hated this map when I first played it, but the more I played it the better it seemed, now one of my top maps. Despite there always being someone who will crouch outside the lifts with a sword.

Last one is hard to choose but I will probably go with...

Standoff: Just another really enjoyable team map.

As for least favourite, that has to go to Isolation solely for the fact that I have never had a game on it where I didn't experience lag.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hmmm,
    • Last resort/Zanzibar - always loved this map though I don't know why.
    • Lockout (not Blackout) - all action no messin'.
    • Guardian - as above.
    • Turf (H2) - just always liked it!
    • Avalanche - Great larger map.
    Dishonourable mentions: Colossus and Terminal from H2 - sweet Jebus I hated those maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zanzibar - Awesome, just awesome. I wish they would remake it. Perfect for slayer and objective

Guardian - Pure slayer craziness.

Beaver Creek - Just a great small map, surprisingly great for objective games

Theres one map from Halo 2 that i cant remember the name of, it was a big team map with a massive building in the middle that was like 3 stories tall, it was awesome for CTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

In no particular order:

Lockout: Have so many fond memories of really intense games on this map. The lower bridges of the sniper tower, to the middle section, to the basement room of the far tower near the Energy Sword spawn was always the "Death Corridor" as I liked to call it. Had some really good games of Team Snipers on it.

Midship: STICKIES! STICKIES EVERYWHERE! Need I saw more? A really close quarters map in which the action simply never let up.

Terminal: Getting run over by that bloody train was always a good bit of craic! But I have really good memories of many great Team Snipers games on this map. Shooting people from the upper spawn that was only reachable by actually spawning there above the car park, or tight close quarters fighting in the blue corridor leading up to the car repair shop. This map really had it all.

Warlock: I remember playing so many FFA games on this map and 2v2 CTF games to boot. The action was always focused on the upper platforms that were scattered around the map and of course the middle section which had (I think) an Active Camo powerup that was always fought over. Absolutely loved it.

Ivory Tower: I know it had a makeover in Halo: Reach but there was always just something about the original. There were so many stupidly great gametypes that went along with that map. I remember having great games of Hide & Seek on it, Team Slayer/Snipers, CTF... The map was near perfect. Everyone always trying to stay up on the top perch to use the sniper, covering the lift and the two corridors leading up to it. All made for some seriously great games.

Advertisement