Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Link to Sallins from Dublin

Options
  • 01-11-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything, but I'm sure this has been covered before.

Is there a Night Link service (or something similar) from Dublin City to Sallins? I can find the Night Rider service from Bus Eireann to Nass but nothing to Sallins.

Will be heading out for Christmas party soon and hoping to head home later than the last train.

Thanks,
    Nedd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

heads to newbridge and then back through sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Yup, Newbridge then back to Sallins. I'd suggest getting off at the N7 junction and walking/taxi otherwise you might end up doing what some of us have done and fall asleep on the way from Newbridge to Sallins... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Ah right. Not very handy.

How long does it take from Dublin to Sallins in that case?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

If you ask the driver, he will usually drop you at the Sallins Roundabout on the way into Naas (even though that's not actually on the route).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How long does it take from Dublin to Sallins in that case?

Not all that long. With 0 traffic, I've found the trip pretty much zips along. I'd be surprised if it took more than 1h 15 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

haha hate that. I fell asleep one night heading home and woke up at 4:30am just as the bus was pulling into Kildare town. Had to get a taxi back to Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

baztard wrote: »
    haha hate that. I fell asleep one night heading home and woke up at 4:30am just as the bus was pulling into Kildare town. Had to get a taxi back to Naas.

what bus were you on that it ended up in kildare town. it wasn't the 126N

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Trampas wrote: »
    what bus were you on that it ended up in kildare town. it wasn't the 126N

It definitely was yeah. It was a few years ago now, maybe it was the 12:30 as opposed to the 3:30 one, but it was defo the 126N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1264607518-126N.pdf

How much is the fare on this bus. Thinking of having a pint in town tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

gsxr1 wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1264607518-126N.pdf

How much is the fare on this bus. Thinking of having a pint in town tonight.

It's 7 euro as far as Kill, 10 euro otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Great service in fairness and actually faster than the Dublin Bus to say Rathcoole as its direct. Usually about 45 mins to naas as there is only two towns prior to Naas. Agreed with others re dropping people to the Sallins roundabout.

Advertisement