Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wired Issue

• 01-11-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Seem to have a bit of a strange issue. I've got UPC 30meg BB and its been generally fine. I got a new router and have bridged (I think correctly) from the EPC2425 to this. My wireless network seems to be working pretty well (download speeds around 20mb and upload almost rock solid around 3mb).

However, I've 3 devices connected via ethernet from my router (PS3, Xbox and TV). The only one that I can see a speed on is the PS3, but everytime I've ran the connection test on this, its come back only around 15mb, actually never higher than this. The upload speed is generally good, around 2.5 - 2.9mb.

Any ideas why the download speed is so far below the max? I'd expect it on the wireless but not the wired?

Cheers.

Advertisement