Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcode ; Closed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A sad day for those of us who frequented it as students c. 2005. Sure it was full of skangers but that was pleasantly offset by the amount of forthcoming slappers.

As long as no one touches Coppers til I get back at Christmas all will be good in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A sad day for those of us who frequented it as students c. 2005. Sure it was full of skangers but that was pleasantly offset by the amount of forthcoming slappers.

As long as no one touches Coppers til I get back at Christmas all will be good in the world.

Coppers = Hell on Earth (Unless your out looking for a late drink midweek and all ready too drunk to care about your surroundings) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

it reminds me of first year in college,2006, up from the sticks and going into this placemost thursday nights for the first few weeks, after that never went back, place was a kip! such a boring night after the initial buzz of the place wore off which it did quickly! that and redz i will remember from first year, well the first few weeks until we found our feet! the 2euro drinks on mondays in redz for the first few weeks was mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Coppers = Hell on Earth (Unless your out looking for a late drink midweek and all ready too drunk to care about your surroundings) :D

coppers can be great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Live near Barcode so was there almost every Thursday during my college years, never go anymore now but would have definitely gone down for the last night if I had of known about it.

They advertised November 21st as their last night on Facebook but when I logged on today they had removed this event and announced 31st of October as the last ever night. Disappointed to miss it, my first ever drinking spot after turning 18!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

flas wrote: »
    coppers can be great craic!

If wading through rivers of spilled drink, grabbing random girls asses, drinking watered down urine and dancing to Swamp thing/Cotton eye Joe then yes it is great craic.

Never had the pleasure of Barcode, disappointed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yes, a convergence of knackers and D4's was bound to turn out to be an utter disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

should never have been opened, never followed the rules.

Where will all the "scumbags" go now though? Your local bars ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

msg11 wrote: »
    Bondi boxing club is closed down..

TBH honest, I don't get how people can say every club in Ireland doesn't have it's problems. I think people have a chip on there shoulder about the place because of the door staff. Which is not the point of this topic.

It was just an all rounder club food inside, good bar, good bar-staff, seats everywhere , big dance floor, big toilets, games, good music too.. Maybe if they had have changed the door policy to over 21s and uppted the dress code. Would they have pulled an older crowd ? I doubt it..

One other question are most clubs free in ?

I say HillBillys will be next on the close down list along with that K-Klub place.

i suppose thats a good point

hillbilly or when i was pissed billhillys :D but yeah i'd that place will close it was only running because the kids from barcode needed to be fed ha but i don't mean everyone in barcode is a kid but you know yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I liked Barcode when I was younger- around 18!

was only at it twice and good times.

Walking by the pool to the club used to freak me out, had visions of me falling in drunk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If wading through rivers of spilled drink, grabbing random girls asses, drinking watered down urine and dancing to Swamp thing/Cotton eye Joe then yes it is great craic.

So we're agreed then that it's quality :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Well won't be missed by me anyway, I've been three times, was a waste of money each time! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

msg11 wrote: »
    Is that Dusk nightclub any good I ain't travelling out to swords too the wrong venue.
    dcr22B wrote: »
    The Blacker, are you mad?

Ha that place is actualy such a dump that sc*mbags even park up in a line outside the entrance after it closes just waiting to see everyone walk out, then the sc*mbgs that are coming out of the place run upto the sc*mbags in the cars , it's comical :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Never had the pleasure of Barcode, disappointed now.

Avoid from thursday to sunday but on a week night it "can be good".
    What about the Q bar; is it still on the go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Did exactly what it said on the tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Commisserations to the staff in the place but to be perfectly honest I'm glad it's gone. Home to the worst bouncers I've ever encountered, and I'm not a bouncer basher at all, and also coming from someone who has been nothing but only polite to them even though they never returned the favour. The comical thing is that they were so good at their job that there were brawls in the place regularly in spite of their "rigid* door policy".

*Special dispensation for underage females though.

In fairness, with a bit a thought we can agree that there was nothing wrong with Barcode, but it was infact the clientele and bouncers that were the problem.

With this in mind, all of the above will just flock somewhere else.
    So to all the 'code haters, it was in your best interest for the place to stay open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

fontanalis wrote: »
    Avoid from thursday to sunday but on a week night it "can be good".
    What about the Q bar; is it still on the go?

Yeah it's still on the go alright same with that 21's place.. Why is it called 21's when it's not even over 21's ?

This Friday should be good, I have a feeling Quinns in Drumcondra is going to be the new Barcode. So with that in mind , I am just going to keep to me local and a bag of can's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jonnycakes

had many a great night when in college,thursdays were quality.redz on a monday with all drinks 2 euro was a mental asylum aswell,ill never forget them queues to get in on a monday and if u didnt it was off to 21 or qbar.another club in dublin bites the dust - any bets on where next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I went there to meet people at aged 27. The bouncer was getting angry at this stage and stood up on a chair and roared "right, everyone get your ID ready, because you will not get in without it" and then points at me and says "except you, you're older than me"....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The idea of Barcode was great, and I hope a place like it opens very soon!

Went to it once. It was a f**king hole. But I really hope something like it opens up: keeps all the scumbags away from the good bars & clubs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Ha that place is actualy such a dump that sc*mbags even park up in a line outside the entrance after it closes just waiting to see everyone walk out, then the sc*mbgs that are coming out of the place run upto the sc*mbags in the cars , it's comical :rolleyes:

any club that lets guys in with tracksuits on you know its a kip lol:rolleyes:
    used to go when i was 18 cheap night and cheap women its a good club but the people who go to it are not the kind you want to spend a night out with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

In fairness, with a bit a thought we can agree that there was nothing wrong with Barcode, but it was infact the clientele and bouncers that were the problem.

With this in mind, all of the above will just flock somewhere else.
    So to all the 'code haters, it was in your best interest for the place to stay open.

It was indeed, most of the lasses in there were keen on a bit of bell action behind the bridge.

Many is the time I shot the wadd into an eager quimm in the Fairview Pk area.

keep it open.

It was indeed, most of the lasses in there were keen on a bit of bell action behind the bridge.

Many is the time I shot the wadd into an eager quimm in the Fairview Pk area.

keep it open.

How are we going to live without it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Good riddance. The one time I went to Barcode some bitch started on me for no reason. Never had that anywhere else.

I always thought that the Bram Stoker bit had been closed for ages? Does anyone know if it's open? I went there a good few years ago and it was brilliant, always wanted to go back.

Actually, why did it close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Actually, why did it close?

They built onto it without planning permission and were caught out :pac:

Ok.

But shouldn't that mean that they have to un-do what they built, as opposed to closing the whole thing?

Ok.

But shouldn't that mean that they have to un-do what they built, as opposed to closing the whole thing?

It was meant to be a restaurant/bar for members of the westwood gym.
    But they say how much money could be made using it as a night club.

A mate of mine told me how they pull in average of €17,000 on a ordinary night.

• Advertisement

So it was a licensing issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

In fairness it offered a good alternative to going into town & The music on a saturday was class, Old Dance Classics etc, Better than the commercial R&B rubbish ya get in most places,

But i have to agree, once the door policy got less strict then things went south & they let all sorts in... Ahh i had some great nights there i must say, Will be very suprised if it doesn't open as something else tho, I mean what else could they possibly put in it's place? An extension to the gym?? Unlikely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

cisk wrote: »
    It was meant to be a restaurant/bar for members of the westwood gym.
    But they say how much money could be made using it as a night club.

A mate of mine told me how they pull in average of €17,000 on a ordinary night.
    Actually it was supposed to be outdoor tennis courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Luke G wrote: »
    But i have to agree, once the door policy got less strict then things went south & they let all sorts in...

It was always a dump, the door policy being eased just meant it was a more accessible dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It was always a dump, the door policy being eased just meant it was a more accessible dump.

In fairness tho was a lot lesser of a dump than most places, Especially the clubs Dublin City has to offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I cant believe that someone would build a nightclub without permission, hoping to get away with it.................

I did have quite a few decent nights there, was closer to home than town, always scored a northside skanger who'll let you do anything to her back in her parents gaff, always a fair bit of decent drugs for sale and no posh d4 bitches to deal with.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

did i just take a wrong turn and end up on the dublin forum??

always scored a northside skanger who'll let you do anything to her back in her parents gaff, always a fair bit of decent drugs for sale and no posh d4 bitches to deal with.......

And now where will we go?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Some of the best nights in my life in that place, the first club i went to when i was 18!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement