Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto crisps letting you down?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I would have felt it was pure sacrilege to turn to other brands but at the moment tayto are just not that satisfying.

The salt and vinegar are terrible and often times I will get a cheese and onion or smokey bacon flavoured crisp dropped in the bag. What is the story with that?? Me sad I am turning to Walkers ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Im finding the ones you buy in the multibags in the supermarket are getting really really bad but the single bags from shops seem to still be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭smallgarden

the multipacks are awful arent they.they really lack flavour or as some1 said already hv mixed flavour with cheese and onion or something.used to get boxes from musgraves and they were really fresh and great tasting.i think theyre same as shop individual ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got one with a roll today,can't say I was disappointed really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tbh I can't really eat Tayto since they advertised it being cooked in sunflower oil, I think it was cooked in something else before then, or they changed it to rapeseed oil... something anyway. Made them taste greasy and I can't eat a pack without feeling sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Tayto smayto, king crisps FTW! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aren't King and Tayto coming out of same factory now (Largo)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The tayto Bistro ones are the best now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Tayto could never let me down

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

King crisps on white bread was a staple of my youth. :pac:
    Tayto just never did it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Haven't deliberately bought Tayto since their delicious Worchester Sauce flavour ones dissapeared from shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm gonna sound really unpatriotic here but I think the Walkers' Cheese and Onion crisps are nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Im finding the ones you buy in the multibags in the supermarket are getting really really bad but the single bags from shops seem to still be alright.

Yes. Noticed this too. There is significantly lesser content in each individual bag then there are in the single bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

The Salt and Vinegar ones are absolutely shocking. Not a bit of flavour on them. If i get a pack in ther pub, i'll actually get a pack or two of vinegar and lash it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

NI Tayto are the business.

Advertisement