Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine Gym

Options
  • 01-11-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi.

anybody a member there or was one in the past? how do you rate it. thinking of joining. i am a gym newbie by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

yeah its cheap and not bad. its not plush by any means, but has classes, swimming two saunas and 2 steam rooms and jacussi, and is never packed so its a good place to start off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

think it's around the 280 mark.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

IMHO you'd be better off joining Westpoint.. Way better facilities and I don't think there's much in the price difference..

Coolmine is ancient tbh.. I learned swim there when I was about 4, and it wasn't a new facility even then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Both kinda get traffic bound at peak though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

westpoint would be way too packed for my liking - don't like that type of environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I know it's been ages but just wondering if you did join Coolmine and what it's like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi. I joined Coolmine 3 weeks ago and am delighted with it. As has been stated it isn't plush but it is functional and does the job, I haven't found it packed yet even at peak times. I've previously been a member of Westpoint where I lasted one year as it is just too crowded and then 6 years at Crunch, Westmanstown which is very nice indeed but also very pricey. I paid €120 for Coolmine just for 3 months but I think you can get a year for €250. I also find the crowd and staff in Coolmine to be nice & friendly, looking back at Westmanstown it seems to get very pretentious clientele.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Thanks, good to know. I was thinking of joining for 3 months myself to see, I probably will now thanks to you.

Advertisement