Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite part of Christmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    I actually jumped for joy when the Argos Christmas catalogue was advertised on TV.
    And a couple of days later when I inadvertently wandered into the Dunnes Christmas section, which I didn't even know was open yet, I shrieked loudly with excitement. I'm an embarrassment to be around between Mid October to late December! :o

You're like a mirror image of me:D Although i must say i wouldnt mind playing christmas music in the car with the windows closed but if the windows were down i'd turn the music down cos i'd be afraid people would think i was a nutter!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alidxx

i think my favourite part of christmas is for the first year i get to put up my own tree in my own house and have someone special to spend it with..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Posts about the Budget and The X- Factor have been deleted from this thread.

There are other specified forums for these posts, please keep your answers Christmas Related.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Ooooooh Christmas forum I love it!!!!! My fav things bout Christmas is Christmas eve-giving my son his bad and outting on his new pj's, slipper & housecoat(was one of my fav parts of Christmas as a kid too)We would then cuddle up and watch some sort of Christmas movie, then bedtime :) I then hop in the batch myself & put on all my new snuggly bit and bobs. Then of course seeing his face opening all his gifts(worth all the overtime in the world)
    Its his daddys turn to have him this year, dont know what Im going to do with myself :( Was planning on making Santa come on St Stephens morning too:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Christmas eve! The place is buzzing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

oh my god I never use that phrase but oh my god I am so excited about christmas!!!
    First year I'm actually spending christmas with my boy and it's our puppys first christmas too!:)

I get all giddy just thinking about christmas...YAY CHRISTMAS!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Christmas Eve for me too :) I'm always off work so I like popping into town, buying the treaty foodstuffs for the following day. It's just my mother and me for Christmas Day so we don't need to do a huge shop, and I always get us some treats on Christmas Eve - fresh cupcakes, those giant individual Quality Street sweets, that kind of thing. And I have a hot chocolate somewhere nice and read my book and watch people milling around - say what you like about the consumerism of Christmas, I like to believe people are looking for the perfect gifts and that's pretty heartwarming!

Starbucks is a good Christmassy coffee shop right in the middle of everything, but anywhere in a nice part of the city centre will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Christmas morning was always my favourite. Up until last year we still had santy (although the belief was almost gone for my little sister) so it was always excitement in the morning. My dad was worse, if we weren't up by 7, he'd wake us.:rolleyes:

This year though, first christmas as a married couple. We're spending it at home in our own house. Half of me is delighted, and can't wait to "create" christmas in my own place, the other half is worried that the day will be boring and that I'll miss the rest of my family. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

we had santy in our house up until last year too Whispered.
    It wasn't the same without the magic of santy.
    It was the only day of the year that I actually loved getting up at an ungodly hour especially after a few drinks the night before and setting the place to make it look like santy was there after half a bottle of whiskey...shhhhh....no you shhhhhhhhh...hic...!!!

Damn it, why'd my baby brother have to go and grow up:mad::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I can't wait to have Santy again when I have kids :D It really does add an extra special magic to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alidxx

my das girlfriend had two kids so when she moved in it brought xmas back to the house and was magical again...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

My favorite thing about Christmas is,

EVERYTHING.:)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

littlemis wrote: »
    My favorite thing about Christmas is,

EVERYTHING.:)

Awe major +1 :D

I bought my tree yesterday and I am DYING to put it up :D

Advertisement