Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules tickets

Options
  • 01-11-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I bought two tickets for the International Rules match in Croke Park on Saturday evening through the GAA's Ticketmaster website. The tickets stated that the kick off time was 19.30. We sat down at our seats at 19.20 only to realise that the match had kicked off at 19:00 and that we had missed the first quarter of the match. I received no contact before the match to say that the kick off time on my tickets had changed or that it was wrong. Going by the size of the crowd of fans I was in while approaching Croke Park then I'm guessing I'm not the only person to have suffered a similar problem.

I bought the tickets in August, but I only printed them off after they became available online on the 19th of October (meaning they either changed the time of the match after that point or they provided me with tickets that had the wrong time on them). I was just wondering if anyone here might know the answers to the following questions:

1. Do I have any comeback on the GAA/Ticketmaster over this?
    2. Am I entitled to any kind of refund/discount on future matches/compensation of any kind?
    3. Do my tickets with incorrect times form a contract between me and the GAA/Ticketmaster which they then breached by not telling me about any changes?

Basically I'm very annoyed because we were really looking forward to this match and had got there before the time stated on our tickets. It's more disappointing than anything else as these matches won't take place in Ireland again for at least another two years! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is there any way of checking if there was a time change between the 19th and the match itself?

Usually, they send out an e-mail if there is a date/time change. Don't know how they inform over the counter buyers and I suspect that the onus is on the buyer to check the event time/date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

BrianD wrote: »
    Is there any way of checking if there was a time change between the 19th and the match itself?

Usually, they send out an e-mail if there is a date/time change. Don't know how they inform over the counter buyers and I suspect that the onus is on the buyer to check the event time/date.
    I believe there is a caveat on the tickets to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Actually, there isn't. There is a mention on their web site that they will advise customers by e-mail of date/time/venue changes but it's up to the patron to check the time of rearranged events.

The OP should write to both the GAA and TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

if its any consolation only the last quarter of the game was worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gaa_fan

BrianD wrote: »
    The OP should write to both the GAA and TM.

I wrote to them both and I've given them until December the 4th to reply. If neither reply by that date then I'll consider other options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement