Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Childrens Bikes/Sligo

Options
  • 01-11-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all, any recommendations on where to/where not to but Childrens bikes...including websites, etc.

Dare I say it, I have started shopping on Santee's behalf;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Garys on quay street and one in retail park beside argos and mothercare (name escapes me at mo). Couple of Uk based sites are wiggle and chainreactions, both do free delevery here on selected items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

irish-stew wrote: »
    Garys on quay street and one in retail park beside argos and mothercare (name escapes me at mo). Couple of Uk based sites are wiggle and chainreactions, both do free delevery here on selected items.
    Flanagans?you could try halfords or even smyths for childerns bikes,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The only thing with buying them online is building them. I've done it before and I/we never do it right. I got one in Halfords a few weeks ago and they build them FOC as well as a 3 month check. It was around €100 for a BMX type 20" bike.

The only thing with buying them online is building them. I've done it before and I/we never do it right. I got one in Halfords a few weeks ago and they build them FOC as well as a 3 month check. It was around €100 for a BMX type 20" bike.

Hope that €100 included the cost of the bike as well

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

..some good leads and advice..Halfords seems a good bet, but i have heared some mixed reports on adult bikes...thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

+1 for Flanagan's in the Market Yard, Seamus will see you right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Got my last one in the market yards years ago,still going alright.

Whats the name of the guy beside argos/mothercare, or is he the same fella who was in the Market Yard?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

irish-stew wrote: »
    Whats the name of the guy beside argos/mothercare, or is he the same fella who was in the Market Yard?

Correct you are, Flanagan's is now in Cleveragh Business Park, my mistake!

Correct you are, Flanagan's is now in Cleveragh Business Park, my mistake!

Wasn't quite sure my self till reading this thread. He does have alot better set up down there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Paul Dolan Cranks Cycles - top chap to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sligopark wrote: »
    Paul Dolan Cranks Cycles - top chap to deal with
    +1 for him but does he not just repair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

I think Santee will be shopping with local independent traders this year..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

+1 for him but does he not just repair?

good repair but can source bikes cheap too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

pete2009 wrote: »
    I think Santee will be shopping with local independent traders this year..:D

Nice to see,hope you can find the right one for the lucky child. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I bought in Flanagans for my son recently, can't speak highly enough of them. Fantastic service, my son was cycling round the car park on half a dozen bikes, young lad working there was lovely, would highly recommend them.

Advertisement